3rd update on sponsor

Continuing the discussion from I've only gone and got meself a sponsor :scream::

Morning peeps just wanted to make a final update on the sponsor issue if your not aware old read other threads,So as I knew from the start what my gutt told me she was not comfortable doing it I put my point across and she did too and I’m a peace with it no anger or resentment in away I feel this has happened for me to see the bigger picture and that is that I can put the steps to one side for abit now no worries of looking out for sponsors etc etc ,I do my meetings I do service i gather with my na friends outside of meeti GS u have my T.S family and I’m CLEAN I’m also tapering off my methadone so I’m ok with it u feel in na there is a issue with medication especially opiate medication and I did put my point across aswell so I was honest and obviously my higher power has something else in mind for me.love and respect you all look after yourself and eachother Emma :rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose:

6 Likes

I’m so glad you have come to this place of acceptance. It is hard to find this type of clarity. The fact that you have says a lot about your current recovery. Right now you have the freedom to decide how you want your personal recovery to look, the ability to decide where your boundaries lay. I have no doubt that you will continue with you taper and successfully come off the MAT. And this way, you can do it at a pace that will not be forced by other people’s expectations. I would NOT be saying this to someone I felt would use this as an excuse to stay on MAT for longer, or indefinitely, but I know that’s not you.

You know you got us, girl. You are certainly a shining star in early recovery, an example for your peers. You are an inspiration to me on the daily!

3 Likes

Thanks hunni yes I’m tapering and it’s going slow and steady but always moving I know what I want my recovery to look like and I feel this is best for me and it just taught me what I don’t want ,my recovery is worked on daily love knowing I have my TS family thanks chick

3 Likes