4 months clean but tired of AA

I have 4 months clean but I’m getting tired of AA personally I’m an addict so NA would be better but I am goin to outpatient anyone else relates?

1 Like

yes I only go once every 2 weeks, I go bc that’s what alcoholics do but I could take it or leave it. Mentally I’m way ahead of most of them and it’s a small group and no one wants to be a sponsor. When I say mentally I don’t mean more intelligent just I’m spiritual sound at the moment. I wish they were more fun but I guess being an alcoholic isn’t fun but recovery can be, or should be anyway.

Perhaps try to find other meetings if you are not identifying with anyone at those meetings. I find that for me, when I cannot identify with anyone at my regular meetings, it is my spiritual condition that is usually off. That being said – my meetings are usually north of 20 people.

5 Likes

I have worked with SMART recovery and Recovery International too. At RI I had a lot of success with anxiety, fear and anger. They are not 12 step programs but might be worth looking into.

Great sound advice i do n.a which i love and we all have a giggle but i also do smart recovery i say i do smart for my tool box and nna for my spiritual recovery

1 Like