4 weeks down again

28 days ticked off again having thrown away 197 days back in August. The longest period of sobriety I’ve had since I started drinking 19 years ago! 28 days since my last hangover! 29 days since I decided during a hangover that, on a total whim, I was leaving my wife. Dropped everything, packed what I needed and left. I’ve no idea why I even did that :slightly_frowning_face:

We do some disgusting things to those we love at times. My wife, though, was true to herself. Firm, kind and supportive. She didn’t say I could come right back, I had to earn that back (quite right too!). Embarrassed looking back but proud to have gotten back on track again. Both with sobriety and being a better husband, dad and man. Health, life and marriage all made changes for the better.

Mindfulness and taking the time to look inwardly at whatever I’m going through has been a real eye opener for me. Strangely, by looking inward, I can see better my impact on others and how others would view me. I have always (and I think a lot of people do) found someone to blame and avoided responsibility as much as I could. These practices help avoid that. I take more ownership now and I’m much more present and aware.

October was a transformative month for me and I look forward to letting you guys know when I finally break 200 days (and every milestone after that too!).

8 Likes

What a great testament to hard work, self reflection, working thru all the crap we bring to life and your wife being a kind human. And bravo on your 28 days!!! Looking forward to more milestone posts!

2 Likes

That was quite a painful journey. Congrats on the 28 days! May all your future journeys be more joyful.

1 Like