40 days in, feeling good

Hello all,

I’m 40 days in without alcohol of any kind. This is the longest I’ve gone since I was 16 years old.

I had a company party today and I actually felt great and did not have any problem turning down alcohol or stating that I didn’t drink alcohol anymore. I found myself laughing and talking and carrying on in a way that was foreign to me but made me feel great about the choice I’ve made. Typically I would have had 3 or 4 beers (just at dinner) and who knows what else.

I feel disappointed I waited this long. I’ve missed so much by being unable to function without alcohol and never knew that I could do it. It’s nice to know that there is a whole world out there and being sober makes it so much better. :blush:

14 Likes

Amazing first steps in your recovery! Embrace it. The world is a lot bigger and awesome than our drunk minds give it credit for!
Keep moving forward!

Nice work man! Its amazing how much richer life is all the way around!! Well done…

1 Like

Dude, same boat bro. I’m getting close today 30 and feeling so many benefits. Also don’t forget, that for those who are still drinking but want to quit, you’re totally a role model man! You might inspire some people along the way! Good luck!

1 Like

Thanks man. Actually came to Vegas with some friends to play poker and I’ll admit it was tempting for a minute but honestly it wasn’t all that bad. I see all the drunk people late at night and shake my head knowing that used to be me! Tomorrow I’ll wake up without a hangover and I’ll enjoy the WHOLE day rather than what I’ve done for years. Feels good to be in control.