40+ years of drinking brought me here

Not posting much anymore, but I do lurk a bit. Wanted to post that I hit 9 months sober today. Quite an accomplishment after a 40+ year career of drinking…party girl that I was. Yes, it does all catch up with you eventually and what was fun and cute or adventurous in your 20s and 30s is kinda sad in your 40s and really sad and frustrating and ugly in your 50s. At least that is my road.

I am thankful every day that I stuck with quitting and worked my way to actually being sober and doing the work of figuring out how to heal and be me without drugs or alcohol. It was a really long painful slog, but I stuck with it and when life, myself, everything seemed most dire and beyond repair…somehow I kicked it in gear and put one day in front of another.

If this aging grandma can get sober, anyone can.

Stick with it and never stop quitting. Waking up sober every day is the best feeling.

Thanks for being a great resource.

Time for yoga and then chocolate. :gift_heart::gift_heart:

40 Likes

Congratulations on 9 months. That’s very impressive. Glad you popped back in to update us. Great job. Hopefully you are loving recovery

2 Likes

huge congratulations :tada::tada::confetti_ball: @SassyRocks It’s been a pleasure staying sober with you :smiley:

3 Likes

Woo hoo. Great to see you are going strong and read of your progress.

2 Likes

You’re doing brilliantly @SassyRocks!

2 Likes

Congrats you! Your family must be super proud. Lovely xxx

1 Like

Congrats! :clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Congrats on 9 months :slight_smile:

1 Like

You rock @SassyRocks,live is much fuller from this site.A big hug

1 Like

Very nice. My career was an All Star level 28 years. Congrats

1 Like

Good job on 9 months! Glad to see you’re doing well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congrats! Huge deal , very proud of you!

1 Like

:tada::tada::tada: WHOOP WHOOP :confetti_ball::confetti_ball::confetti_ball:

well done! Keep on going strong.

1 Like

Congratulations on an amazing journey! May you continue on this empowering and healing path💕

1 Like

Congratulations!!

1 Like

Congratulations!

Sorry I just noticed your milestone post. It’s really good to see a few posts from you today. I was thinking of tagging you in the “You are missed” thread.

1 Like

Omg you are inspiring me. I am so happy for you!!!

1 Like

Day 320, see my year ahead! May 2018 be my first complete year alcohol free as an adult!

3 Likes