45 days...but

Today ive instalei the app to manage my activities and bam!..im on the way to my 2nd month sober. 45 days…

In my brain this sounds like NOTHING, since ive been dealing with my pain directly. Its been an eternity sober in my poor brain.

All the way i feel i can make it forever, til i have some crazy collapse that makes doubt, and i start to dialogue with myself and have to sabotage myself into not going fkn anywhere cause tomorrow will be better you know.

And thats my poor speech. Im learning to deal with things and wait for life to come, when i cant get to it. Instead of just turning everything into darkness.

I have hope. I wait. It hurts.
On the next day…somehow…im better. The pain goes away and im happy to have a life to deal with.

If youre starting now, like me, listen…
It hurts a lot, but…in this 45 days i can tell you im having SO MUCH capacity of dealing with things i was running from. So much gain into everything, that it feels like im getting true rewards from my effort.

Of course, i cant deal with EVERYTHING yet…but hey, its such a good start.

Hope you guys have the strenght to keep going.
Im fighting myself almost every day. I have to deal with me and with the others…double for us.

But um glad im here.
I just dont want to take this alone anymore so i joined this forum. Thanks for reading.

Im brazilian, so , my english isnt native. Sorry if i couldnt be clear. Lol

7 Likes

45 days is brilliant, don’t be too hard on yourself. Never forget that no one can cope with everything, even the strongest people can break. Talking to people really does help to put things in perspective. You’re not alone that’s for sure. Stay focused.

1 Like

Thanks mate. Sometimes the sun is shining and i feel awesome. And many days my head gets into my own shadow and i have to put things into perspective…

1 Like

45 days might not sound a lot, but it is. Really.

I switch the timer to display hours instead of days when I feel I haven’t achieved much. I find it more pleasing to look at. Try it, you’ll be surprised at how long you’ve been sober in hours.

As I say, it’s all perspective.

1 Like

45 days is brilliant congratulations :clap:

This is great advice and so true :star:

2 Likes