5 days sober: New Path

I haven’t had a drink since Monday and today was the first time I have been around all the drinks. It’s like once I stopped drinking everybody wanted to bring a bottle outside. Lol. I had to explain to my friends that I am on a new path and that I have been abusing alcohol. My drinking had caused me to be placed in many many many dangerous situations, that could have been a different outcome. However, I didn’t feel no way, while my friends were drinking. I had my water and Mountain Dew lol. I could have drank something but I wanted to be true to myself and take this journey seriously. I just downloaded this app and I’m loving it already.

11 Likes

Welcome! I am new to this app as well. I joined earlier this week and I have found this to be wicked helpful. These people on here are so supportive and offer great advice and affirmations.

Way to go on 5 days and being able to stay strong while others were drinking around you. I love that you wanted to be true to yourself. This shows that you are self aware of what you want and that you are committed to your new path. You should be very proud of yourself! Now hold on to that feeling!

5 Likes

Walk your path with your head held high. Only you know how alcohol affects you, and it’s often meaningless to try to explain to someone who isn’t on the same wavelength.

Do you, always.

6 Likes

Thank you so much I appreciate it

1 Like

Thank you so much. I can see now this app is very rewarding you keep up the great work as well.

I have to be true to myself and I want to live by that . Thank you

It only gets better from here!
Well done for making this decision, there will be temptations and difficult times, be prepared for them and keep pushing through!

2 Likes

Hi and welcome :blush: It’s great when we realise that we have the power to make the choices that can put us on a better path! It’s not always easy but having a supportive community like this definitely helps.

Some useful links and info here >> Welcome to the forum! 2021 edition :)

1 Like

Only when I tell my friends that I have stopped drinking do they panic and ask me when we can get drunk together again. I just think they don’t really understand how drinking effects me mentally. Here everyone understands :blush:

1 Like

Hi @NikkiG, welcome! This place is a major tool in my sobriety kit…I come here every day morning and evening. So many wise and supportive folks. Welcome to the family :pray:t2::two_hearts:

Welcome. Im also new. Im on day 8. I also have alot of social occasions all the time and it caj be testing :pensive: but ive made it though the weekend sober. This group helps alot. I almost feel like I want to log in here all the time lol. So stay here. We’re all in this together x

Good for you and welcome! Feels great to pass that first test! Let’s have a great day!