5 years sober today!

I did it…i totally did it…5 years ago i signed up on here so lost and desperate thinking im stuck in this cycle of addiction…5 years later im here today…wow…im so proud of me…what an amazing feeling to be so totally proud of yourself!!!

Im celebrating today with friends and family …i bought a crown and im wearing it all day…ya im 47 and i feel like i hit the jackpot!!!

I hope you all have a wonderful day and know you get to have these days of achievment…its hard in the beginning but you do it cause you need to and your future is waiting for you to enjoy the life day by day that YOU create…

Love you all!!!

61 Likes

Holy crap that just fantastic!!

3 Likes

Woohoooooo!! Congratulations! You deserve that crown :crown:
Have a great time celebrating with your family and friends. Good on you! :muscle:

1 Like

Wow! Congrats! Your plan to celebrate sounds absolutely beautiful. You deserve it. Enjoy!

1 Like

That’s amazing. How did you do it? Did you join AA or go at it another way? Congratulations on 5 years!

1 Like

I hit rock bottom for 25 years and then stuck to the side of a sober friend and everyday i had him on speed dial and he would tell me why i needed to do this and talk me through everything…i needed that 1 person in my life that was totally sober. ( there werent many ). In the beggining i was on here 24 /7 and had my friend…as months went on the need for this slowed and the conversations about my addiction started to turn into " can you believe how much i drank or remember that time that i did this ? " now i cant even grasp that was my life 5 years ago…all you do is just keep hanging in there and celebrate day by day…it literally feels like ive celebrated every day but today’s going to be real big!!!

9 Likes

Well that’s wonderful, thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Congratulations!!! :tada: :partying_face:

Fabulous! What’s your favorite change so far?

That is absolutely amazing, congratulations!!

1 Like

Enjoying being alive!!

3 Likes

Congratulations :star_struck:

1 Like

:tada: Congratulations !!

1 Like

Bloody brilliant!

1 Like

YOU :clap: ARE :clap: A :clap: CHAMPION! :tada:

CONGRATULATIONS on your sober successes.

1 Like

Hey @Jacey !!! This is just fabulous to read this morning!! I am so stinkin happy for you on your 5 years!! That is quite an accomplishment and definitely a reason to wear a crown!! So very pleased for you!!! :heart::heart:

1 Like

Wooohoooo!
Super huge congrats to you I wish you many more days ahead without booze!!!

2 Likes

What a reflective and truely inspiring post. Be proud of yourself and continue to enjoy a life AF.
Congratulations from :uk:

Awesome :+1: I’m hitting 500 days soon but to get to five years il have to change my mind again
Cuz the thought of drinking is slowly creeping on
I mean my app ends on 500 days wat am I supposed to do ?

1 Like

Congratulations!!!

Congratulations on your 5 years thats amazing and lovely to read :slightly_smiling_face: