Wow!!!
My Reaction To That Information Surprised GIF26315655
Huge congratulations! Amazing work!

2 Likes

Amazing :star_struck:

This :point_up:

3 Likes

Never before heared this quote but I like it! :star_struck:

Congratulation with this great milestone!

You are a soberwarrior! :facepunch:

6 Likes

What a wonderful birthday, sorry to hear about the poor girl, I hope the knee heals good. Your story is an inspiration each time I read (or re-read) it :pray:

2 Likes

Huuuge congratulations on your five years alcohol free!
And THANK YOU for all the inspiration!

2 Likes

That is astonishing, congratulations and enjoy the new sober life!

2 Likes

David, the spiritual foundation makes for a right nice house, doesn’t it? I’ve depended on your example as a demonstration that the real work is internal, and the exterior circumstances will sort themselves only when our insides are in order.

Thank you, brother!

3 Likes

Couldn’t hace stayed sober without out! Easy to get sober as I made that call hundred times, without the work I could never STAY sober.

If this drunk can get sober, anyone can. Meetings worked once I had an open mind and an open heart.

3 Likes

From 1 stubborn mule to another, glad you took my advice and just sat there.

Glad I could be of assistance

2 Likes

Congratulations on another year on the march to ultimate victory…a long sober life!

2 Likes

Well done, my man.
You were such a help to me back then.
I’m happy we’re still on the path together.
Sometimes I forget how incredible that actually is. In a few days I’ll have 51 months and yep, on a certain level, the milestones are just another day.
But when I was starting out, four years of sobriety was impossible to fathom. So now, when I count the months or the years, its less about “look what I did” and more about “what can I do with this?”
I think I kind of try to leverage my sober time.
If possible :tipping_hand_man:t2:

3 Likes

Well shit, I didn’t know you were back! Welcome back brother.

Absolutely, when you’re like 30, 60 or 90 days sober, it’s like standing at the base of Mt Everest and not seeing the top to achieve something like 5 years. At 5 years though, I’m not at the top and I still cant see it. I suppose never seeing it is the goal, to die sober.

It’s not about the destination, it’s about the journey to a better self… the journey never ends.

8 Likes

I couldn’t agree more!
We still can’t see the top, but the climb is getting easier.

4 Likes

I love ALL of this sooooo much!! Your realness, your authenticity and your ability to help others has always moved me. Your presence matters and damn man, the things you have faced in your sobriety haven’t been easy but they sure have been worth it. Nothing changes if nothing changes and your changes are beautiful to witness. You are a true inspiration David! I still think of you often, especially on this keto journey I’ve been on the last few months…Your impression is long lasting. Keep on keepin’ on my old non-caustic friend. And congratulations on your kick ass milestone, one day at a time you’re still climbing that mountain and while we will be on the journey forever-the views are sure freaking awesome!! :partying_face::sunrise_over_mountains::partying_face:

4 Likes

Thank you, genuinely appreciate it

1 Like

Shit man, just saw this. So happy for you David! Hugs from this booze head.

2 Likes

Congratulations @CaptAZ !!

2 Likes

Congratulations on 5 years !! It’s always comforting to see your icon and what you have to say !! You’re a big inspiration! :boom:

3 Likes

Don’t get on here so much these days but would like to congratulate you on your amazing achievement a few days ago :+1:helps keep me sober knowing we’re all in this for the long haul. Well done :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes