5 years sober today

5 years sober today. Feels like a pretty regular day. Wouldn’t have even noticed if it wasnt for the app reminding me. Milestones feel like less and less of a thing, but the reason I got sober is as strong as it was 5 years ago.

Can’t drive forward if you’re stuck in reverse, keep the past in your rear view.

Keep calm and stay sober folks.

75 Likes

Congratulations on your 5 years!! So very happy for you. :purple_heart: Keep on keepin on!!

sobriety-sober

10 Likes

Thank you for being here. Rock on my bearded brother.

6 Likes

Yes my dude!

4 Likes

That’s so awesome! 5 years of freedom. Well done.

4 Likes

Love your work.
Congratulations on your hard earned, well deserved years.

Your story, journey, current situation, and future path are an inspiration and a model example of change through hard work and commitment.
It’s been a joy and privilege to have been invited in to witness some of it.

You, and your family, deserve everything and more that your sober life has created.
Here’s to you and here’s to many more years and many more successes.

:+1:

5 Likes

Congratulations on your 5 years CaptAZ.

That’s amazing! And such an inspiration.
I’m so happy to follow you on this journey David.
Thanks for your leadership.
:pray:t2::heart::hugs:

7 Likes

Congratulations on 5 years :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face: What an achievement- very motivating for me to see :raised_hands:t3:

5 Likes

Congratulations on 5 years, that’s wonderful :sunflower::birthday::+1:

And thank you for this quote, it fits so good into my day :pray::blush:

9 Likes

I wish I had something more profound to say. It just seems like another day at this point.

I/We wouldn’t be in the situation we are had we stayed drunk. High probability of being alone, miserable, health declining… and thats being hopeful. More than likely, I’d be dead, or have killed someone and would be locked up.

Instead though, we got to buy a big house, fill it with stuff, with love and laughter. We got to be some type of role models for the kids and give them a fighting chance in life.

Our last fight was on my daughters 8th birthday. Hell broke loose that night and in the morning the kids were with my brother, my wife had to go to the ER and I got a car ride to a clinic. Couple days later, kids were in foster homes, and we had to start fighting to get them back. She just celebrated her 13th birthday, and it was a nice little shindig, she got to have friends stay the night and stuff. One of her friends did require an ambulance trip though, they had walked up to sonic for drinks and her friend fell while walking back and the poor girl dislocated her damn knee, she’s good and on the mend.

None of this life is possible without sobriety for me. Being sober has given us everything we need and a lot more of what we want.

22 Likes

Congratulations.

4 Likes

What a fantastic post to start my day!
Congratulations!! :tada: :partying_face:

5 Likes

That is absolutely amazing. Congratulations and thanks for sharing your journey with us!

3 Likes

Well done @CaptAZ !

3 Likes

Congrats! :metal::tada::cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

Congrats on 5 years :tada::trophy::star2::star2::star2::star2::star2:

2 Likes

You’re an absolute inspiration my friend :blue_heart:

2 Likes

Congratulations Friend! Amazing work!
I am so glad you are doing so well. :raised_hands:

3 Likes

200w (2)

4 Likes

Dance Off Cowboy GIF - DanceOff Cowboy Moves - Discover & Share GIFs

YASSSS! Nice one @CaptAz, thank you for sharing your milestone with us!

6 Likes