54 days sober and i fail

54 days sober and I relapse today in a big way. I regret it already so dreading the regret tomorrow morning just hope I don’t think fuck it and spiral

1 Like

Fucked up i had one beer and that’s it straight back on the coke

1 Like

It doesn’t seem like you want sobriety bad enough. I noticed you’ve only been on here 6 days since you joined in May and you’ve only spent 33 minutes reading. Are you doing anything else? AA, NA or any other program? Building your sober toolbox takes time and effort then you’ll have those tools to use to avoid relapsing.

4 Likes

About what I made it before my last relapse. I was honest about it with everyone. This time (directly after) ive gratefully made it to day 93.

Use that 53 days of clarity!

1 Like

Don’t hope, you have full possession and control over whether you pick up again.

Your sobriety begins and ends with you.

You can succeed, if I can succeed then you can too. I slipped tripped and rail roaded my way through relapse after I tried getting sober for the first time when I turned 30. Took a couple years, but I got sober and stayed sober with the help of IOP, AA, therapy and saying no to myself when I wanted to cave. I hit 1000 days this week, no small feat for a drunk like me.

I believe in you.

6 Likes

So, you have control of whether you spiral or not.
You’ve attempted sobriety. You found it’s more than just stopping drinking.
You’ve started to realise that it’s going to take hard work to achieve your goal.
But achievable they are.
You are the one thing standing in your way.
You need to be strong of heart and mind to deny yourself something that once gave pleasure.
Find other nice things you can do to get your pleasure hit. Anything but drinking!
You have control of you future buy living in today and only today.

Perhaps spend some time reading around in here.
You’ve been here since May but have 33 mins read time.
What where you doing to stay connected to your sobriety?

2 Likes