6 day strong a life time to go

Sometimes rock bottom is the only place to start!

The real problems for me are weekends without the children!

5 Likes

Hey, glad to see you joining us. 6 days is a great start! What are you doing to stay sober?

Welcome to the forums. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Congratulations!

2 Likes

Gym running etc
I done 2 months a while back but relapsed.
Hopefully this times forever🙌

Hello everyone. I’m new in here. I face the same challenges, I have to stay away for 6months and found myself at it again.
Decided to start again this time, it stays permanent.

3 Likes

Find hobbies and stay strong!
You can do it

Cool, exercise is a good tool for keeping healthy in all sorts of ways. Not just physical health, but mental too :slight_smile:

Do you have a program of some sort? AA has helped me quite a bit, others use SMART, and a lot of people have their own variation of a program of sorts. I ask because for a lot of people, it’s made a world of difference in making their sobriety stick.

I find this place is so full of knowledge and support, I encourage you to read around the threads here if you’re looking for something to do!

1 Like

Hey, welcome to you too! :smiley:

Hey well done on your 6 days :slight_smile:

1 Like

First day down. Delighted to have found this safe space. So much amazing info here. Looking forward to embarking on this journey with you all and finding my way around this app. Thanks a mill.

2 Likes

Me too. Starting today. Best of luck.

1 Like

We are all in it together!

2 Likes

What is SMART? I keep seeing people post it but no clue what it is.

2 Likes

It’s a program that doesn’t follow the 12 step model, more science-based as opposed to experience-based when compared to AA. It stands for Self Management and Recovery Training.

Here’s two great threads on it:

2 Likes

Yea I looked for some in Arkansas and the closest one is like 30 min from my house :confused:

Dang. Yeah it’s not as widespread as AA unfortunately.

1 Like