6 days sober after a relapse

Hello
My name is Azan. I’ve been sober for almost a week now. There’s something that I am afraid of and it might ruin my sobriety. I wanted to share it. One of my friends is coming back from travel. He is kind of a hardcore user. So, he’s coming back after like 3 days and he texted me saying that he wanna hang out with me and use drugs obviously. I told him that I am sober now and that I don’t wanna use anymore. But he kept insisting that we must hang out at least one and have some drinks. I know that only one beer can lead to another thing and so on. I told that we’re gonna see what happens when ge come back. I am pretty sure that I won’t be able to resist if I saw him using or drinking in front of me. So I ask Allah to give me the strength to fight the urges and cravings.

2 Likes

That. And tell that “friend” no means no.

2 Likes

I am on my 6th relapse and what i have learned is that temptation does suck and is hard also the most important thing is relapse start before the use & reaching out like this is the 1st step to not using again. So high five :raised_hands: for reaching out!
I am learning also just as you were trying to do with your friends is set boundaries and if your friends and family can’t respect :fist: your boundaries you are setting for yourself then we need to think about who we really need in our life.
I know that was a bit harsh but i have lost a few friends because of the new boundaries i have set for myself. Now that i look back it really was the best thing for me.
I wish you the best and i know you will do what’s best for you and your sobriety

1 Like

:heart::heart::heart: thanks this helps. I will set se boundaries for sure. It is me before everyone else.

1 Like

Hey mate. Think of yourself and your journey. I’m 5days sober from alcohol and ive cancelled going to a good friends wedding reception tommorow. Sometimes we have to be selfish n just think of ourself and what’s best for us

3 Likes

Agree ! :heart:

And you i have learned the difference between selfish and self-centered and you know I would rather be selfish on any given day then to be self-centered that’s for sure.

1 Like

That’s true my friend. I ask Allah to brighten our path and keep us away from fake friends and bad company :two_hearts::heart::heart:

1 Like

Same to you my friend. Wish you well in your sober life