6 Months Clean and Serene!

January 7th made 6 months since I’ve had any substances. I feel so incredibly grateful to have gotten this far. I went to my state’s NA convention, met some really cool people, I’ve been traveling to different meetings. I am finally beginning to live. Today I have friends who want nothing from me, but me. Today I do not have to keep secrets and lie. Today my family can trust me. Today my son knows if I say I’ll be home, I will. I didn’t understand how surrendering to the disease of addiction could be freeing, until now. I can finally start to know the real me; what I like, what I want out of life… etc. I am just feeling so grateful to have been giving the opportunity at a second life without drugs.

27 Likes

This is beautiful, @FreeingFalkor !! I’m so happy for you! Congratulations on your six month milestone!!:tada::tada::tada:

1 Like

That’s huge and sounds like you have a lot of wins there in your book. Really happy for you and congratulations to your 6 months :bouquet: :clap: :tada:

1 Like

Massive congratulations to you @FreeingFalkor for 6 months!! It’s an amazing achievement! I’m so pleased for you and your family! :sparkles::tada:

2 Likes

Nice! Congratulations!!

1 Like

So happy for you :dizzy: congrats !!!

1 Like

Amazing :clap: good on u, thats alot of work, keep shining bright :sparkles: :heart:

1 Like

Many congrats. You’ve added motivation for me to get up and go to a meeting today :slight_smile:

2 Likes

WOOT WOOT! 6 + months is amazing work!
Grateful to see you doing so well :pray:

Keep this amazing momentum going :muscle:
tenor

1 Like

“Today my family can trust me. Today my son knows if I say I’ll be home, I will.”
I feel this in my core. Being truthful and reliable to my son is the best part of sobriety. Congrats on your big wins! :heart:

2 Likes

Congratulations! Very inspiring!! I hope to be you in 5 months and 26 days!! Thank you for sharing this wonderful achievement. :star_struck:

1 Like

Congratulations on 6 months sober :star2: I’m very proud for you and hope you keep going strong!!

1 Like

That is fantastic!! Congratulations on your 6 months!!

1 Like

Thank you :blue_heart::blue_heart:

Thank you so much. Holding on to these things when I get discouraged. :blue_heart::blue_heart:

Thank you!! :blue_heart::blue_heart:

1 Like

Thank you! :blue_heart::blue_heart:

1 Like

Thank you so much :blush:

Thank you! It sure is. On my hardest days I just keep pushing forward. I never want to go back.

1 Like

Thank you!! I wouldn’t be able to get this far if it wasn’t for meetings and my network.