6 months clean from opiods

Hey! Im new here and just looking for others who are dealing with PAWS off opiates. Was using 5 mg vicodin for 15 yrs./ 8 a day. The PAWS is horrible when it hits. I cant find happiness in a damn thing! Then other days Im doing ok but never good. Could kick myself in the ass hard for even going down this road of hell! My brain is indeed broken but I know I have to keep going. Anyone else use for as long as I have?

5 Likes

Ah man. It was not my drug of choice, mine was alcohol, but I’m right here to listen. Keep going! You’ve done so well. X

Welcome Sandrea! Glad ur here! I have struggled with drug addiction for 22 years (a long time like yourself). I am currently alittle over 8 months clean from alcohol and drugs. My most current DOC for the past 7 years was crack cocaine. But before that I had quit shooting up hydromorphine after doing that for some time. I definitly experience PAWS. Not plesant at all!!! But it does pass. Continue on that road of recovery! It does get better :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks so much! I do drink a couple times a week and even then sometimes I am blah when usually it makes me happy and chatty! Thats when I realize paws has got me good…:confounded::roll_eyes:

I sure hope so! Thanks so much for your support! :blush:

1 Like

Congrats on 6 months! That’s awesome.

I added the tag opiates to your post. If you click it you will find other posts with the same tag.

I don’t have experience of opiods but I know I have found this forum, including the experiences of people with different addictions to mine, so helpful. Hope you find it the same!

1 Like