6 months down but have isolation cravings

At 182 days and am cycling reasons in my head, why it would be ok to go get some beer. I really have not had a hard time until now. I am a Registered Nurse and things are beggining to become stressful and at home of course isolation is boring as hell. I know I shouldn’t have a drink right now but man I am really trying to convince myself it would be ok. In the end, I wont drink, but I am for sure having a mental struggle. This is the worst craving I have had since I stopped, especially since nothing triggered it and I am just hanging out at home. I think I just need to write about it to get it out a little. Thanks for listening.

3 Likes

6 months is awesome!

Great that you won’t drink - it can help me to think about why I won’t drink. What are the reasons you want to be sober?

Some great examples here

2 Likes

congrats on your six months :slight_smile: that’s awesome. and glad you came here to share that. i think when we get honest about what’s in our head it can really help allow those things to pass. a common recovery phrase i like is “play the tape through” and i know playing the tape through has certainly helped me more than a couple times in the past, and likely will in the future as well! keep at it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Big up on your 6 months!! It’s understandable, stress makes us long to check out and find ways to not feel. @siand’s thread is fabulous to read thru
(I am bookmarking that for sure).

Another thing that helped me, was looking at the reality of drinking (hangovers, feeling like crap, disappointing myself, etc) as compared to the fantasy of drinking (it will help me relax).

:heart:

3 Likes