6 months SAF (Sober and Free)

This time 6 months ago I decided for the last time to give up alcohol. 5 days later I started my treatment program at Caron in central PA. At that time I was an absolute mess. I was in a constant state of relapse, I was emotionally and mentally screwed,.And physically I was just so beaten down and exhausted, from trying to keep up with the charade that is addiction, and everything that goes along with it. This is the first time I’ve been sober this long since I was probably 14. It’s just the smallest step towards recovery, but I feel a lot better than I did 6 months ago. I still have every life problem that I had back then, sobriety doesn’t magically fix all that. All it does is give us a clear head and the strength to hit right back when life punches us in the mouth, (which it absolutely will).

I really only write this here, to thank all of you for helping me, and being a huge part of the everyday fight that is addiction. It does get easier though I promise.
Love ya’s :v::green_heart:

31 Likes

Congratulations @Jasty2

Thats a amazing mile stone!!

3 Likes

Yes yes yes! Congrats Joe and thanks for being the kind and caring and awesome guy that you are! it’s great being on this journey w you!

let’s kick ass just for today.

:fire: :star_struck: :black_heart:

2 Likes

Thank you.

2 Likes

Thanks Faugxh. Im glad you’re here walking with me too. :green_heart:

2 Likes

Wow wow woooooow, congratulations! Keep stacking those days and keep posting cause it’s always a pleasure to read you :green_heart:

2 Likes

Awesome job! So proud of you :clap:

2 Likes

Thanks Mischa. :v::green_heart:

Thank you @Mareika77

This is so cool, man. I really respect and admire the fact that you not only decided you were sick and tired of the game but you got some help to get and stay sober. Not a lot of people actually follow through with that so kudos to you!

3 Likes

Congratulations priyatel :tada::partying_face: Bravo :partying_face: im so happy for you and proud :smiling_face: keep going :trophy::top::top::top:

2 Likes

Thank you Rosa. :v::green_heart:

Congratulations on 6 months :smiley::sunflower::tada::four_leaf_clover::dancer::birthday:

2 Likes

Thank you my priyatelka. :v::green_heart:

1 Like

Thank you. @erntedank :v::green_heart:

1 Like

Amazing! Massive well done Joe thats alot of work! Thank you for all you bring to this community :pray: :heart: :people_hugging:

1 Like

That’s a sweet looking token you have there @Jasty2. Way to crack on with sobriety. I look forward to bagging my own token in 5 months time. Let’s goooo!

2 Likes

Thanks Kelly. :v::green_heart:

1 Like

Elliot, thanks

1 Like

Heeeey Joe….

You are amazing, doing amazing things.

Keep it up :+1:t2:

2 Likes