60 days down!

I hit 60 days yesterday. I noticed this week I was starting to deal with myself by setting goals that when I reached them, it would prove I was ready to handle my drinking and could start again. That worried me, so I called all the important people in my life today and told them I quit drinking a couple months back, why I did it (even the unflattering whys), and how much better I have felt since I did. I have been really emotional, reflective, and nostalgic today. I think this is all real this time, and I’m really glad about that. I want that. But I also feel like mournful or something. I bet this is normal, right?

11 Likes

Very normal. I had many good times drinking, but that was before it took my life over. I’m not capable of having good times drinking anymore. I’m not capable of controlling alcohol anymore. I was merely drinking to not be sick in the end. Alcoholism is a progressive disease that ends in death if abstinence isn’t used to treat it. Congratulations on 60 days, that’s amazing! Keep living your better life!

Ok Jane. First off.
Congratulations on 60 days. That’s bloody good work.
Secondly, I notice you’ve been on this forum since July but you only have one hour read time.
Question, how are you staying connected to your sobriety? How are you actually working your sobriety?
I know I’m not the only one who, especially in the early days, visited this forum and read every day, every hour sometimes just to keep connected to my sobriety.
Keep it first and foremost in my mind.
Loosing the connection means it lets the voice in.

1 Like

I have been working a lot. I’m a teacher, so during this time of year my job is completely consuming. That and yoga, I suppose. Just one foot in front of the other not thinking about it much until an urge appears. I do a project or go for a walk when it does until it passes. I think with everything going on, we weren’t going out or seeing a lot of our friends, so it’s been easier to not feel like I am missing out.

Congrats on 60 days. Keep going you are doing great . One day at time and don’t think to much about it

1 Like