6hrs sober

Idk how to get through these withdrawals. im in so much pain and am soo uncomfortable. opiates are the devil

4 Likes

Yes they are my friend

One of my closest friends passed away from dope and fentanyl 2 weeks ago. From what I heard he took the hit, passed out and got a life taking injury

I wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemy and it happened to one of my best friends

Get lots of rest and please be careful
We need you here

2 Likes

I’m sorry your are struggling. My doc was alcohol. I don’t know a lot about opiates, but I’ve heard a little. Just remember as horrible as it is , it will pass. What else are you doing for treatment?

1 Like

I feel your pain. I came off oxys over 2.5 years ago. I couldn’t do it on my own and ended up going to an outpatient detox for 10 days. The meds they gave me helped but the withdrawals were still horrible. I remember it like it was yesterday which is a great motivator to stay on this sober path.

Stick with it and remember you’ll never have to feel this bad again.

Here’s a thread I’m sure you can relate to:

3 Likes

i am not doing anything for treatment. i work two jobs and cant afford not to. i really am just trying to do it all alone and it is so hard. i feel the cravings through my entire body and i cant think of anything else. im not even at 12 hours yet and i know the pain will just continue to get worse for at least a few days. i dont know if i can do it.

1 Like

I’m just here to tell you this community is amazing for support. Keep reaching out. I read something this week about the first few days are like burning and you have to make it through the burn to emerge free and new. It’s not easy but there will be an end. Sending you all the positive vibes to stay strong. Keep yourself busy, eat junk food, whatever to get through the first days.

2 Likes

I messed up and relapsed this morning. i hate myself more and more each time. its so hard doing this alone. i originally started to get sober for my man. we hadnt known each other long, but it just felt right. hes perfect, he is not an addict and he desperately wanted me to quit. i got sober for about a week, when we had a fight i relapsed. he just had to move out of state for work, and i had to stay here. it was so much easier for me to get through the withdrawals when he was here. but now he is gone and we are both so busy that i barely even hear from him. i crave him almost as badly as i crave the drugs. i feel so alone and sad. i just want to be myself again

Keep trying. I never felt like I could get time off, The ideal conditions for detox don’t exist. You have to make it happen. Unless the Fentynol makes you take time off first.

Im glad your here. Dont give up!

4 Likes

It is hard. Consider if you will, you only have to go through it once if you’re ready. If you pick up, the clock starts over and ya feel all that again.

Let that help you get through it. If you can do it just one hour, one minute, one second at a time, they can be the last times you have to suffer like that. It will pass.

And as much as you say you have to work and can’t take time to get assisted help… what is the possible cost of not having the help? The relapses and withdrawal may be drawn out. More time missed, and maybe not so helpful at work anyway. A couple days of help may get you back to 100% more quickly than going it alone, and safely.

Just some thoughts. Stick close and let us know how you’re doing! Whatever it takes, remember this can be the day you’re off that merry go round once and for all. :pray:

1 Like

I learned early on that I will lose anything I put in front of my sobriety. That includes jobs.

I wish you would reconsider doing this alone. Your life is at stake here. Fentanyl is killing thousands. Get the help now before it’s too late.

1 Like

Been there… codependency with substances and people is hard maybe find a friend or outlet that makes you laugh I even have friends that still use that I just talk to through text or social media that I don’t put in a situation to see them use but still have communication and support from because they are still beautiful people and conversations outside of your head are everything talk it to death through different outlets if you have to hope that helps :pray:t2:❤‍🩹