7 day Victory

Hey guys. So today I have been sober 7 days. I am really proud of myself this past week was rough but I made it. I am just taking it a day at a time and trying to build up my momentum with self care. How are you doing? What is part of your tool box?

14 Likes

one week! :muscle:

Thats awesome! you should be proud! Im proud of you too!

I visit this forum daily. Participating here has been awesome! 27/7 support.

I started doing hobbies that my addictions stopped me from doing. I helps fill that void of time I spent getting loaded. I spend the money I spent on getting loaded on those hobbies. camera gear has been where my beer money goes now.

I listen to a lot of recovery based things when I’m home, while I do my recovery hobbies. My cameras really help me appreciate recovery when I use them.

I stay away from slippery people, places, or things.

if I have to walk through challenges, I let my support group know before I start walking. I stay connected while I do it.

4 Likes

Congratulations on your 7 days. That’s HUGE !!
I’m so grateful to be sober I start my day off with my Bible readings and my recovery devotionals and then come on here to the Daily Gratitude thread.
Gratitude is my strongest tool. I got so much to be grateful for when I’m sober. Who knew?

:pray:t2::heart:

2 Likes

Great topic BTW
Would like to see some more suggestions.

I needed something new so I started listening to the audio version of the Big Book while I do my morning power walk. I’m enjoying that a lot too.
:pray:t2::heart:

2 Likes

Congratulations on 1 week!! That’s huge.

I’d say the two most important things in my sobriety tool box have been TS and exercising.

3 Likes

7 days is huge and you deserve to be very proud of yourself. YouTube has a lot of wonderful AA speakers on there. I put my headphones in and listen to many of them. Chuck C. Is a great one to listen to. Keep up the great work.

2 Likes

Hi, 7 days is great work :clap:t2::clap:t2: This place and self care are my main tools. I’m so glad we have each other :pray:t2::two_hearts:

It helps me to play the tape through when I wann drink I think about what happens how I feel and what will happen if I drink it’s never good outcome. Always play the tape all the way through. Also zoom meetings are in my tool box there great cause I don’t have to leave my house. And also journaling is a great way to release your feelings! It’s amazing writing down your feelings how much it takes the power out of i . Keep on keeping on my friend

Great job. So in my tool box: I keep busy, hobbies, service work ect. Talking sober and AA round it out.