7 days clean. Ssri question

My depression is still very much active has been for months. Im going to the doctor tomorrow ive tried anti depressants in the past and they always made me very manic and not able to sleep. After doing some research i ran across an ssri called trazadone. It says alot of people use it for insomnia and depression taken at night im considering asking my doctor about it tomorrow does anyone have any expierence with this compound did it work for you?

3 Likes

Hi ya I’ve recently changed my medication and on something called amitriptyline they are 4 anxiety and depression but don’t make me manic they also help me sleep I really hope u feel better soon x

2 Likes

I use it I’ve been using it for almost 2 years now. I love it it works great. Some people get it prescribed to take it during the day. I don’t know how they do it. I use it at night. It works great too So when you talk to your doctor about it Yes get it. You can take a half of it if you find a whole one to be too strong. But like I said it works great for me so try it for yourself. and you can’t beat getting some sleep and taking an antidepressant at the same time

2 Likes

Ya thats exactly what im looking for im averaging. Like 3 hours of sleep i dont know why i always had anxiety but never depression this bad

1 Like

Give it a lil time, I was on every medication, from Zoloft, to paxel, Prozac, venflaxazine, Wellbutrin. I don’t take anything now. It will go away, but none of the medicine ever helped me. Try a lil exersize and you will see the depression will go away quick. As for insomnia I’m still having a lil hard time sleeping, but ever since I’ve started taking my multi vitamins for men, and magnizuim pills it’s gotten better

2 Likes

Yes medications for depression in the couple of years that I’ve been sober. I’ve tried everything from a to z till they finally got it right. I’m one of those that has to have medication. Soon I hope to be weaned off it. But like I said the trazodone works great for me for sleeping

1 Like

Trazadone at lower doses is sometimes prescribed for insomnia. Both my mom and I have presciptions. She took it for many years and has recently weaned off it as it wasn’t helping much anymore…but that is after at least a decade, maybe more on it. I will take it every now and again for sleep and it generally works for me, I did not (do not) want to take it every night. It leaves me a bit groggy in the AM.

It seems like it could be a good one for you to try, especially for your sleeping issues. It should help with that. Keep us posted.

1 Like

I don’t take it every night either. I just take it every now and again when needed

1 Like

Well she prescribed it to me. She diagnosed me with mdd and i was already diagnosed with anxiety disorder. So my symptoms are insomnia panic attacks and depression i take clonazapam for panic attacka which works. Im gonna try a small dose tonight im hoping it works as an anti depressant as well. Ssris i tried in the past made me very manic almost like exctacy it was weird. Too much serotonin

1 Like

I can have the same issues with some ssris when first starting out. One put me in a full on panic attack, was not pretty. Trazadone is not like that at all.

I tried it years ago and it works well for sleep. Too well for me! I couldn’t wake up the next morning! It’s a mild antidepressant and not addicting like Paxil. Worth a try.

1 Like

Congratulations on 7 days sober! I’m on day 6.

1 Like

Appreciate that. Good job. She said if it doesnt work shes going to try paxil x.x

1 Like

I started taking a probiotic too and noticed a difference. More than 90% of serotonin is produced in the gut. All the best

2 Likes

I would avoid Paxil like the plague! I took it for 6 years, gaining 50 pounds, became angry and violent and had no energy or motivation. When I stopped I was sick for 2 months, diarrhea, vomiting, couldn’t sleep, considered killing myself or others… That shit is poison!

2 Likes

Hopefully you’re not bipolar and being misdiagnosed. Your symptoms also sound like it can be bipolar with the insomnia and depression. Usually depression alone you tend to sleep more. Plus, as stated above SSRIs can make you manic if bipolar. Anyways, good luck

2 Likes

Man ive been so tired all day

I’ve been in so many antidepressants I was tried teazadone I thought it was good but didn’t level out my moods none of them did after a recent suicide attempt my phsychiatrist diagnosed me with borderline personality disorder and bipolar thankfully I’m now on antiohsychotics they are great with helping me sleep and fixin my anxiety along with keeping me stable and this far af.
I hope the trazadone works for you maybe if it doesn’t you ask about something that will keep you on a nice level? Good luck x

1 Like