7 days sober from alcohol

Today is seven days without alcohol for me. And also nicotine. I’ve had a terrible cough and congestion which I’ve learned is smokers flu. It feels really good to have a continuous flow of consciousness, rather than be in a daily haze of some state of drunkenness. I haven’t had any cravings yet but I know it’s a long road to go. I would like to make it a year, and I feel that if I can make it that long I wouldn’t even want to drink ever again. Im not going to put pressure on myself because in the past that usually makes me crack. I have blocked friends that I know will make it hard for me to stick to sobriety. I just want to be home, focus on my life, and work on doing something different than just being one of the drunks at the bar down the street. I’ve done all that. The impulsive binge drinking is doing nothing good for me. I want to try and be someone else now. Thanks for reading and I hope everyone else here is feeling hopeful in their sobriety.

12 Likes

You made it through your first week. You should be super proud of yourself. The first week always seems like the hardest week from withdrawls and just fighting the urge to drink. You can make it to a year! I have faith in you! I know you can because I did it. I had alot of doubts but I kept pushing myself and pushing myself and it paid off. Keep taking it one day at a time. It will be worth it. :heart:

Congrats on a week of freedom from alcohol! Glad you are here!

Awesome. I don’t think i am able with the smoked yet. But hey I’ll try