7 days sober I know it’s not a lot

Congrats on the 7 days! It really is a big deal. I’m at 33.5 days myself and this is the first time I’ve stopped with the intent of it being for good as well. That first week was rough, and you made it through. For me it has only gotten easier each day that goes by. Week 2 and 3 were full of the stupid “see, you’ve proven u can not drink if you want so what will 1-2 hurt???” Getting past those thoughts weren’t easy but coming on here and reading A LOT helped me enough to make it through. Good luck and hope to see you around on here…

3 Likes

7 days is everything, and I am so proud of you! It is scary to think about the future AF, but it’s only scary because it’s change…change of any kind can be scary, but 9 out of 10 that change is the BEST thing for you!

I am 26 days in…haven’t been AF that long for a VERY long time. Is it easy? Most days I can confidently say yes, but you will have your struggling moments…the day when you get that whisper to stop, and that’s where you have to FIGHT…walk, run, read…come here and TALK. This community is filled with people who understand the road…they too are writing new chapters, and I know they will help you in those moments of struggle.

Whatever you do NEVER give up on you! You are beautiful and worth all the fight you have!

Blessings to you! :grinning::raised_hands:t2::ocean::muscle:t2:

3 Likes

Like everyone else has said, you’ve made it through the drinking holidays. 7 days no drinking is building a habit and an amazing feeling! I’ve got 3 days and I’m excited for the challenge of not drinking, being able to sleep through the night, no hangovers, and getting into shape!

1 Like

7 days can feel like an eternity, and it is a crucial period of time when you are getting clean. A time that requires bravery, determination, and fortitude. Dont downplay it hun, you are winning over this addiction every day that you stay sober. You are persevering, and that demands admiration on my part.

You will be okay. If you relapse, you can try again. Relapsing isn’t failing, as long as you learn something from it. I truly believe that. :purple_heart:

1 Like

Bushes I recently had a use but I’m at 7 days as well and I’m super happy I got back on track be proud of your self and take it a min a day at a time. Congrats :tada::clap: be proud j am as well 7 days that’s 7 DAYS!!! GREAT JOB

1 Like

I’m also a week sober, almost 8 days. It’s a lot. It’s the longest I’ve been sober in years. This is a big deal and you are doing so well. Keep going… let’s get to 2 week, a month and a year together. :heart:

1 Like

I know I’ve said this advice on here before but its handy advice from my first sponsor.
“If never drinking again sounds daunting break it up into smaller bites. Say ‘I will not drink tonight/in the next hour.’ And restart the clock each time.” He’s been sober for fifteen years now. I’ve been sober for almost two and a half years using this advice. Make sure to have someone you can trust (like a sponsor or accountability partner) on call during those rough nights.

2 Likes

7 days is huge, I used to pray for one day.

1 Like

Thank you!

Yiur doing great