8 days energised and focused

I never thought i was an alcoholic but knew i drank to much to myself. I could go 3-4 days a week no drinking but then have drinks the other days. I never got drunk but it became regular. Ive choosen to have a complete hiatus from alcohol and reset my relationship with booze. Ive listened to a podcast and this has open my eyes to what alcohol really is. Its a toxin thats classed in the same type as asbestos. Its marketed to be glamorous, enjoyable and socialable. The reality for many this isnt the case.
Im on day 8 and just managed a friday and Saturday free of booze which hasnt happened in years. Wasnt a struggle tbh as i believe my mindset has changed. Today i will watch football with 0% alcohol beer which same taste no guilt. Journey has started but after 8 days didnt expect to feel focused and energised as i do.

7 Likes

Welcome back! Once I started viewing alcohol as a poison, it was a game changer. Wishing you the best on your journey.

Take a read what you posted 3 years ago, so true!

1 Like

Congratulations on 8 days and welcome to the community @Bradhert :partying_face::blush: My mindset totally changed this time round as well and I’m coming up on 8 months now. I don’t feel I’m missing out on ingesting ethanol and literally poisoning my body, it seems such a strange thing to do when you look at it through a different lens!
I hope to see you around on here, lots of good threads and support on your journey, one day at a time.
:heart::v:

1 Like