80s Barbie’s

Y’all. We’re moving and I have unearthed my Barbie’s. I’m gonna sell them cause :woman_shrugging:t2: But look at all this Barbie crap I just played with it for like a solid 2 hours. :joy::joy::joy: yeah. I’m 45. You got a problem. Also you can tell I was a type A child cause I have ALL the tiny parts to all the sets :joy::joy::joy:. I was high anxiety back then. Did you guys play Barbie’s? Did you keep your stuff or Toss it?

Processing: 2096084B-78A0-4E79-8ABC-14521DD91338.jpeg…

12 Likes

I didnt play with many barbies as a child, but i did play with Polly Pockets alot (loved them!! Lol), as well as My Little Ponies. I also had a Tamagatchi that i fed and played with (Is that how u spell it?). I do remember my mom babysitting this girl who brought her entire barbie house with clothes and accessories to my home one day. I loved that thing. I didnt want her to take it back haha

5 Likes

Oh yeah!!! I was a huge fan of my little ponies too. I never really got into Polly pocket but I do remember them.

2 Likes

Ya there was only so much u could really do with Polly Pocket lol and now the modern day Polly Pocket is nothing like the original. They certainly dont make toys today, like they used to

2 Likes

That is pristine! We had Cindy in the UK. I also loved My Little Ponies. The old kind that had the proportions of real horses.

2 Likes

I don’t know if Ive ever seen those my little ponies. I’ll have to look them up. I’m from the sparkle eyes era of my little ponies :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Thank you whoever put a theme on this post I’m still figuring my way out around here. I forgot to do it.

1 Like

I loved Barbies as a kid in the 80’s (I’m 42)! I had that same stove and dining set! :smile:

3 Likes

Polly pockets me too :rofl: thats why my dog is called Polly i call her Polly pocket as she is so small. :purple_heart:

Care bears
Sylvanian family
My little pony
Playmobil

How can i forget Trolls from the 90’s, ohhh im making myself feel so old.

4 Likes

Sadly i dont have any of my old Barbie toys, a lot went to my nieces or got donated. Found this Pinterest page with a lot of the Barbies i had back in the day, i swear i can still remember the smell of peaches n cream Barbie! :blush:

3 Likes

That barbie in the far left in the green skirt…Joan Collins barbie?

1 Like

I loved Barbies! I had some of the same things too

1 Like

Omg i forgot about those Trolls! Wow… thos whole post is like a blast from the past lol

2 Likes

At one point I was like “where is day to night Barbie’s POWER SUIT!?” I couldn’t find it but I still had the ball gown the briefcase with “business things in it” amd the two tones pumps :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Lol. No. It was 80s girl band rock Barbie’s of some sort

1 Like

And the feel of her dress! I think Peaches and Cream Barbie embedded most deeply with me.

1 Like

Oh yeah!!! I forgot about the texture of that dress till right when you mentioned it.

I had a ton of Barbie stuff that I used to bring to a friend’s house where we would play for hours every day. I used to label my stuff with tape on the bottom to keep it separate. Some is still in my Mom’s basement (the tiny food!) with my old doll house but most were donated to younger kids.

I love that you kept the boxes for everything. I always had to try to untangle the bottom Barbie’s hair in the bucket so she would look okay on her job interviews. :rofl:

1 Like

I’m laughing so hard. My Barbie’s were always the boss. They DID the interviewing and it was VERY devil wears Prada up in Barbie’s office. :joy::joy::joy: wonder what that says about me.

1 Like

Me too! My Barbies were never looking for love. They were more focused on careers and vacationing. :thinking::rofl:

1 Like