9 months and I can’t go get my chip tonight

9 months is huge! Hopefully you can get your chip today!

1 Like

Oh my goodness, this snuck past me! Good on ya, @VSue. Been a big 9 months and a million thanks for sharing your journey here with us through it and more. :heart:

You got that chip yet?! :blush:

1 Like

Would you believe me if I told you that I went to bed last night and realised that I totally forgot to go to the meeting!!! LOL This is how much sobriety is becoming my new normal. I didn’t remember to go to a meeting. It’s happening a LOT lately.

I’m hoping they have a meeting next Monday (do AA meetings go on holidays??). It’s the meeting I would rather collect my chip at anyways. I hope to get back from my long weekend travels in time to get there.

4 Likes

I graduated #2 in my class in December 93. Because I was a December grad, the 93 Salutatorian isn’t me. He got his honors when he walked the stage, the previous May. But my GPA was higher than his. I’m still ranked #2. I walked the stage in the May 94 commencement. The 94 Valadictorian and Salutatorian for that commencement were both class of 94.

But my diploma hangs on my wall, and if you were to pull the rankings from class of 93, I am 2/736. No one can take that from me.

And the fact that you will have to wait until your next meeting for that chip doesn’t change the fact that you’ve earned it. No one can take that from you.

Oh, and way to get better at getting better! It has been a pleasure watching you find your sobriety stride, going from crawling, to walking, and now running!

3 Likes

Yeahhhhh, there’s still a meeting. Get it, lady! :partying_face:

Got it!!

11 Likes