9 months free

Hella late on this one… again :sweat_smile:. I know I’m not obligated to share my milestones with you all, I just feel so much better when I do, I haven’t figured out why. Anyways, 9 months free from my chains of self harm addiction! ^^ I still can’t believe it’s been so long already, that’s how I know I’m getting better. I’m also starting to kind of “ignore” my imperfections if that makes sense? Like I barely focus on them unless I stare at myself in the mirror, which I don’t very much anymore unless I’m doing skincare or makeup.
I’ve been wearing clothes that make me feel confident and happy. I used to always wear baggy clothes because I hated how “fat” I was even though I’ve never been fat in my entire life. Now I wear crop tops, skirts, shorts, anything that doesn’t hide my body. Basically you can see my body instead of being like “is there a person underneath all those baggy clothes?” I have my days when I don’t feel my best, and others when I feel like I’m on top of the world. My “demons” still scream, but I can barely hear them now. And they’re throwing a hissy fit over it :joy: oh boo hoo.
They’re just wounded about the fact that they can’t control me anymore, even on my bad days. I just tell them “shut the fuck up please and thanks” and they do just that.
I just celebrated three months engaged to my fiancé and ten months at my job that I love, life’s looking pretty good for me :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. To all those struggling right now, I see you. I hear you. I understand you. :pleading_face::heart: You’ll get through it all, even if it doesn’t feel like it right now. Best of luck to everyone and see you guys next month! ^^

4 Likes

That’s awesome !!! Congratulations! :tada:

1 Like

Thanks for the update, sounds like youre doing amazing. That makes me very happy.
:orange_heart:

1 Like

Great work! Congratulations :ok_hand::clap:t2::two_hearts:

1 Like