90 Days Sober, Finally Ready For Step Work

Hey all,

It’s been a while since I’ve posted & commented in the community. I just wanted to share that today is my 90 days/3 months sober from drugs & alcohol. I’ve found a home group for NA & have an AA group that I’ve been going to locally, which is why I don’t post too much anymore. I’m gearing up to start step work, and am a bit nervous. I know it’s necessary to move forward but I guess I still have some hesitation towards verbalizing stuff.

Has anyone done step work in the group and want to share any advice/experience? Thanks!

10 Likes

Congratulations on your 90 days!!!

1 Like

Congrats on staying sober 1 day at a time an all the best pal u got this

1 Like

90 days! :muscle:
Working the steps has helped me let go of many self inflicted obstacles keeping me from being at peace with myself. They help me not pick them back up.

When I’m at peace with myself, my voice of reason speaks louder than my voice of destruction.

3 Likes

Hi and congrats! Step work is life changing although I’m just on Step 1. Can I ask are you doing NA stepwork or whatever they do in AA? In NA there is a Step-work guide book you can buy (69 questions for Step 1!!). I recommend it. I have heard a couple people on here talking about using the NA literature “It Works How and Why” in conjunction with their stepwork though I just answer the questions with what comes to me.

1 Like

Your sponsor should be able to guide you ,ive taken dozens of guys through the program it isnt hard if you do it right so i wish you well

4 Likes

Not really! Just be sure ya have yourself a sponsor to walk you through the steps.

Good on ya for 3 months!

1 Like

Great job on the 90! Your sponsor will certainly be your go to for questions. I had to be willing to listen and do it as he suggested. At times it may not make any sense, but ultimately it will.

Feeling a bit uncomfortable is how we get right with ourselves and feel okay with being inside our skin again.

1 Like

I’ve got 144 consecutive clean days and I’m in the middle of my fourth step. I’m using the step working guide in NA and do a couple questions every morning. It’s truly a game changer and brings about self knowledge and understanding -NOT doing the steps is what we should be terrified of!! The steps will bring us to an understanding of our actions, behaviors and PATTERNS, so we can detox our behavioral health. Weve detoxed our body and we’re clean and sober on the preliminary level, now comes the real life changer. Detoxing our behaviors and thoughts are the whole reason we do this! So we can ENJOY this newfound sobriety! Congrats and you can do this!

1 Like