90 days sober!💪

This is the longest I’ve made it since I relapsed eight years ago.

It’s been both easy and hard. Some days I’m not tempted at all. Other days my alcoholic thinking tries to talk me into it all day long.

I feel like I’ve surrendered to the fact that drinking is unpredictable for me. I may have fun, but I may get reckless and self destructive.

I’ve tried to drink like a gentleman since I relapsed. I had some fun but I’ve put myself in dangerous scenarios to many times.

I feel really lucky and grateful to still be alive. I choose life.

I go to aa meetings when I can. I use this forum. I think about my thinking and redirect my thought when it comes to romanticizing that first drink. I stay away from slippery places and people.

I let throwing away 9.5 years of continuous sobriety mess with my head. I felt that lesser time had no worth for me. I’ve recognized that that type of thinking will continue to kill me.

I’m proud of my 90 days

90 days is a great start!

29 Likes

Congratulations!! I know the first 90 days seemed like the hardest for me. It’s been getting easier and easier since then. I don’t mean that I don’t get tempted, because I do. I just find that my resolve is getting stronger. I know that relapse is always just one drink away, I’m not a fool, but I just don’t ever want to go back to the start again either.

6 Likes

congrats, jason!

:heart:

1 Like

90 days of getting better at getting better each and every day. Better today than you were yesterday and tomorrow better still!

2 Likes

Nice one Jason. Good that you’re not letting the fact that you had so long before get you down. This is a different you.

1 Like

Congratulations on your 90 days and on your previous many years sober!!

1 Like

That’s awesome Jason, so glad to hear! Nicely done!

1 Like

Awesome work @JasonFisher, I love reading your updates and see how hard you have worked to keep your sobriety, keep fighting the good fight my friend. :muscle::+1::facepunch::green_heart:

1 Like

you should be proud!

1 Like

Wow! 90 days is very impressive. Congratulations Jason. :tada:

1 Like

We love you, @JasonFisher. Congrats on getting to the 90 day mark.

1 Like