90's movie recommendation

During quarantine have been showing 80’s and 90’s movies to the kids, Ghostbusters, Karate Kid, Honey, I Shrunk the Kids. Any recommendations? Note - my kids are almost 7 and 11, I mean I love Top Gun, but nop appropriate

2 Likes

Major Payne

4 Likes

Willow was a great movie one of my favorites

2 Likes

The Goonies

7 Likes

Back to the Future!

2 Likes

Home Alone

2 Likes

Neverending story, dark crystal, the secret of nimh (all 80s movies because 80s>90s

4 Likes

Ohh what about Lybrinth

3 Likes

I was about to drop em all and then it hit me. This is not the place to drop every movie I ever saw growing up. It was truly bad inspiration :rofl: So Im out. But wait, ”the Matrix”? I think that was from the 90’s and it is probably the only good movie I ever saw that wasnt about drugs from the 90’s

3 Likes

Willow, The Neverending Story, The Princess Bride, The Sandlot, Labyrinth, Little Giants, I’m sure theres more. Yes to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movies.

Haha, we definitely watched Top Gun and Beverly Hills Cop as kids. Might explain a few things.

5 Likes

Three Amigos was a fave of mine!

4 Likes

Dang, I was going to suggest Honey I Shrunk The Kids and the spin-offs. Princess Bride has already been mentioned.

Land Before Time!!! I still liked watching it at age 11, and there’s something like 13 of them and a TV show.

I think Spy Kids may have been 2000 or so, so not quite 90’s, but I enjoyed those movies at that age as well.

3 Likes

Brilliant ideas, everyone, thanks. Definitely will do Back to the Future, Ninja Turtles, ET, Land before Time, Princess bride.

I think some things like Labyrinth would scare the 7 yr old especially, maybe Mummy will watch by herself after they have gone to bed.

@Meggers
Yep, I also watched all kinds of movies before I should have . I am being much stricter in terms of censorship.

1 Like

Major League 1&2
Mighty Ducks 1,2,3
Little Big League
Rookie of the Year
Tommy Boy

2 Likes

Also Muppets Take Manhattan. Or any muppet movie :blush:

1 Like

For a nearly 7 and 10 year old?

Hahahahahahahaha I just realized hahahahahahaha that disaster of mine. read quickly the topic and I did not read much the content. I was thrilled to have seen her last night hahahahahahahahahaha this is not for children hahahahahaha

1 Like

No worries, I didn’t know the movie, I can check it out for me😁. But even from the poster, I could tell, not for kids!

1 Like

Ok this is all a child needs. The best movie I saw as a child.

2 Likes