A course in miracles

I’ve bought a new book and it’s got about 900 pages about the ego but it’s really heavy going and I’m in two minds about it but it does have 365 daily lessons.
I’m not to question any of them or hold any judgement and if I want I can stay on one lesson for as long as I want but never do more than one a day.
So now you know as much as I do about what is about to happen. I’m going to share this year long journey with anyone who is as open minded as myself. See you on the other side…

14 Likes

Ok Mr dales lama,:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::revolving_hearts::heart::two_hearts::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

2 Likes

This is going to be interesting.
I’m in!

1 Like

I feel like since covid, everything is able to be gone in a blink. The inanimate objects definitely, but also the peace of mind of daily things we took/take for granted. Nothing is in our hands.
My electricity went out for a few hours the other night; I was thinking how maybe it’ll turn back on, and maybe not. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

We take for granted so much that we don’t need to live.
Even loosing a limb, once we are able to be to terms with it shouldn’t really limit our ability to live. (I know people struggle with this before anyone starts, but I also know there are so many people who live an active rewarding life as well.)
The ability to let go of the need for anything is fundamental, I think, in being able to find who we are. How we function.

2 Likes

I’m not even going to turn the page and look ahead so you’ll get what I get, but…

3 Likes

As I said. I’m in mate.

1 Like

2 Likes

2 Likes

I remember when A Course in Miracles came out in the late 70’s, it was a big deal. I enjoyed reading it back then…it helped me look at a more metaphysical way of being, was also a big Carlos Castenada fan then as well.

Lots to keep you occupied with the Course @Dolse71, enjoy!! Plenty of wisdom in there!!

3 Likes

definitely heavy going and definitely need an open mind, I’m not convinced it’s not training me to start a cult :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

It is definitely not light reading! And yes, kind of cult like for sure. But the universal theme of love makes it an important read. Tho maybe the cliff notes version?? :grinning::grinning:

1 Like

1 Like

Yeah. Best not spend too much time being judgmental or trying to analyse my thoughts. I’ll definitely be here all day!

1 Like

1 Like

2 Likes

2 Likes

:exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head:
Need to read this a few times I think.

1 Like

I did scholastic philosophy at 1st year in uni and it pickled my brain I couldn’t get my head around it. Things like “how do you know that table is really there?” I’m sorry but after my 4pm Friday class I couldn’t wait to get home and go to the pub !! Where there were plenty of tables !! This reminds me I that. I can’t cope with it … sorry @Dolse71 , lovely Paul :grimacing::woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

don’t apologise to me I never wrote the book although I’ve read lots of other parts of the book so I do know what it’s going to try and do, I think I can achieve the same with different methods so that’s that I reckon, no more.

let me just put it in simple terms… God created only good and you are part of God so only good can live in you. Everything else you perceive and decide with your ego so nothing else apart from God and love is real.

The book takes over a thousand pages to tell you this but who’s going to pay £30 for what I wrote. I was also unsuccessful in my bid to write the film Titanic… Boat sails boat sinks. it never caught on :thinking:

4 Likes