A FALSE positive for cocaine!

I am quite new here and on the 2nd time on this site I posted a NEED ADVICE.
I have been having numerous issue with my new neighbors. I am new to the area, as I changed people, places and things right out of treatment March 24th 2020.

Unfortunately, the issue is hearsay and circumstantial…I can’t do damn thing about it legally.

On the night of the 26th( last week) I called 911 as I felt unsafe and trapped. Two police officers showed up and I explained my situation. I was taken to the ER via cop car( I have never been in one) and waiting was a counselor that had talked to me on an officer’s phone before going to the ER.

I asked immediately to have a UA done as the main issue with neighbors, is they are constantly talking loud enough so I can hear them calling me a meth head a far worse.

My UA first came up cloudy. They asked for another and I could not go. They wanted to use a catheter to collect a sample. I am a survivor from sexual assault lasting a year back in 2007 by an x. That procedure lasted 1 minutes as I yelled stop and in tears having flashbacks.

An hour later I gave another sample. By this point much of the staff ignored me and the 2 police officer’s literally stood next to my room waiting for result.

It took them 1 1\2, and not even the doctor told me. A DVR personal said it was positive for cocaine. There are NO words to describe how I was feeling. I have never cried so hard. The thought of false negative result was horrific. The thought of any ANY kind of drugs, NOT conducive my recovery and in my body,
Shook me to the core.

Between all the time I was ignored and quietly laying on the gurney sobbing, a team was going through records from 2006 as I overheard them asking for my chart from Overlake Hospital, were I was a patient back in 2006. They dug up everything that related to me either in active use or just recently in treatment. With all they gathered and ignoring me and not allowing another UA, I was asked what treatment facility I would like to go to.
I said…NONE…And I asked…Why on earth would I come to the ER, demanding a UA and in an obvious state of fear if I knew I was using??? He replied, I don’t know what to tell you and shook his head. I said… Then you are not doing you job.

My rights were read to me and he left the room. I was then transported via aid car 4 hours away to Spokane Detox. I immediately asked for a UA! NEGATIVE!!! The staff was amazing.

During my 3 days there, I met some of the most beautiful and amazing women during a very tough time in their life. That was me 3 months and 14 days ago!!! We all became fast friends I learned so much from them as they did for me. Hugs and love came out of that. That is how I CHOSE to handle the entire situation. God put me there for many reasons.

Today I saw my primary doctor. With the research I have done since being home, I have found several discrepancies that should have never happened. Today, and in life of recovery, I have a voice. I am proud of my recovery. And NO ONE is going to get in the way of it.

Today, I am not just speaking for myself in this situation. I am speaking for EVERYONE who is in RECOVERY no matter what that is. For EVERYONE in which Domestic Violence changed their life. For EVERYONE in which sexual related abuse, changed their life. Every human being who has a story needs to be heard and not judged based on words on paper. I speak for ALL of us. And sadly, I speak for those who will never be able to speak.

…meth has been my drug of choice for years. The last time I even used cocaine was in 2006. Those records must have been over looked.

Today…3 months 14 days and 7 hours!!!

10 Likes

Amazing story!
Congratulations on your 3 months 14 days 7 hours and a pocket full of minutes.
May your successes and happiness continue
:+1:

Thank you! :heart:

Such an inspirational story. Well done x

Thank you!
Simply, it is just a girl working her recovery. It has taken 12 years to get to this moment. :heart:

It’s not a crime to fail a drug test and you can’t be read your rights and carted off to detox. False positives are possible, but exceedingly rare. If you fail a drug test for cocaine you wouldn’t go to a detox as there is no danger in detoxing from cocaine. You would go to rehab. You can’t be admitted to rehab without your consent. It would be a HIPAA violation for the hospital to review your records with the police.

If this story is true you need to contact an attorney because your civil rights were violated on at least 3 separate occasions.

5 Likes

Unfortunately, this story is very true!
And sadly, I know it happens more times than not.
Thank you so much for your input. That is exactly what I thought. Except no one wants to admit that happened to me.
However, today was a HUGE relief after seeing my primary care doctor. She basically said a similar thing as you did. She is actually starting an investigation into what happened. In addition, my parents are standing behind me 100%. After seeing me struggle with addiction for so long, in and out of treatment and many relapses, they know, that I am finally, being responsible and living a true recovery. Just by being…me…and recovery the MOST IMPORTANT thing in my life now and all the days ahead.

1 Like

Thank you! And AWESOME work on your recovery!:bouquet: Yes indeed…this recovery is serious work. And the reward is simply priceless! Keep up the good work too dear!:heart:

1 Like

I forgot to mention…my rights were read and the DCR person then got up from his chair and simply left the exam room I was in. I was not given any documents, nor did I sign any papers. The Detox facility was not happy with what was going on. Especially when my paper work from the ER stayed I had a child, named Bob. I couldn’t have children. And Bob is my Dad…an emergency contact. In addition, instead of checking the box for White/ Caucasian, they checked Native American affiliates with a tribe( can’t remember name of tribe). I use to work for DSHS… that too, I a huge error.

I’m curious as to why you asked for a UA in the first place? Did you think someone was drugging you without your consent, or you wanted to prove to the responding officers that you weren’t under the influence of any substance?

1 Like

You need to call the police or an attorney. Doctors don’t investigate things. Stuff like your story literally never happens because it’s illegal. The cops do not just snatch people up and drop them at rehab.

1 Like

I wanted to prove all of the false accusations wrong. A person can only handle harsh words others say until it becomes just too much. Especially with neighbors so close and it being a daily issue. At least for me, I have my limits.

The police took me to the ER instead of an aid car. Why? Not sure. Once the results came back, they left. It was then the DCR’s ‘professional’ opinion to send me to Detox. I completely agree with you on all aspects. This should have never happened. They focused on my past and ignored my present life in recovery. Basically what ever I said, meant nothing. In my 47 years of life, I have unfortunately had the strangest, unlikely and bizzare things happen.