A little H.E.L.P. with craving, guys?

@bruneca, stay strong girl!
A bath is really helpful; I never took them really until I kept seeing it said here, they’re awesome! Lots of bubbles and you will sleep like a baby, lol

3 Likes

Listen to all these voices Bruneca. Most important though look in yourself. The urge is just. a. thought.

It doesn’t control you any more than thinking about a pink elephant does. And just like the pink elephant, once you sit with it and name it and realize it’s just. a. thought. - then it passes.

Name it: it’s a thought.

Tame it: it will pass. All thoughts do. It has no power over me. I let it pass like a boat on a river: I don’t have to get on.

Stay strong girl. Stay with us here.

6 Likes

I suppose the thing is with using someone/something else for motivation, is that if circumstances change outside of our control then our motivation could change too.

Can you look at it a different way, e.g.:

I want to stay sober so that I am present in all my relationships. I want the people I love to see the best of me. Being sober helps me to be the type of person others can rely on. If I get high today then I will become unreliable, unavailable and a liability to the people who care about me. I don’t want to put them through that any more. I will feel physically ill, guilty and ashamed. I don’t want to put myself through that anymore.

Or something like that?

6 Likes

@bruneca - Bruna did you make it? How are you?

2 Likes

Fell off the wagon again lastnight, with out sounding cringe or desperate, but not having family or support in anyway makes it harder, the cravings right now are through the roof! I don’t want to touch it, but it’s the only time I’ll feel happy. Meeeeeeh

2 Likes

A new day Nathan, today is a new chance. Stay on here and don’t give up.

2 Likes

So sorry to here your struggling I’m glad your here reaching out it goes to show u don’t really want to give in . That’s the addict lie telling u your only happy when u use … cos before long u will end up wanting more and more then your end up feeling all them horrible feeling of guilt and shame and your still be on your own feeling worse then ever … There’s so much you can do in life to make u happy… think of the reasons why u quit think of how good your feel if you go out for a walk or phone a friend in recovery and talk how your feeling through.

2 Likes

hey, I missed here. 18 days sober!!! almost 20 :heartbeat:

I’m crying now seing all the stuff you guys wrote for me I don’t know how express how THANKFUL I am!!! thank u!

3 Likes

18 days now, thank u so much for your support.

just for 24!!! we can do it :heartbeat:

1 Like

this is amazing, THANK U.

I’ll try to read this everyday from now on and I will certainly show to my therapist next week.

18 days sober now :heartbeat:

1 Like

18 days sober now. thank u for your help you always make me feel more positive about everything. thank u so much!!! :heartbeat:

1 Like

Hey Nathan, how’s it going?

1 Like

All well thanks, how’s you and everyone else doing? Do you know if there’s any online meetings I could attend? Have a good day

2 Likes

Try these:
Online meeting resources

NA offers online meetings:

https://virtual-na.org/

2 Likes

Wow that’s great! I’m happy for you :innocent:

Heck yeah girl💪 good job.

Hopefully over time you will be able to add more things to that list.

I find writing my negative thoughts down and then rewriting them from a different perspective can be really helpful.

Good work on sticking with it! :sunflower::sparkles:

Thanks matt. Have a good day chap

1 Like

I’m doing really good thanks. I hope you found some meetings that work for you… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cravings are normal, I just have to accept that…sometimes I would like to beat my boss but…I can’t. Embrace pain and pain will help you grow .

1 Like