A little nervous

I am not going to lie, I am a little nervous about this weekend. This is the first time since I quit that I will have company in town…my sister and her husband. Normally we have drinks, hell I cannot remember the last time we were together and didn’t! I feel good in my sobriety and know she will be supportive and all, I guess it is just having them around and not drinking and redefining our activities that has me a little on edge. I am sure it will be fine, but definitely staying on guard and planning ahead!

10 Likes

You’ll be so mad at yourself if you do. They would be an excuse to drink; you don’t want to start all over again. You’ll be just as funny and personable sans alcohol!

3 Likes

Yea I am not planning on it. I am staying on guard and all, I have 110 days and do not plan to reset that timer. I don’t think the situation will be to bad, just have to find some activities etc to fill the time too. It is a big change.

3 Likes

Yea I do instigate it a lot now that I think about it. So if I don’t, it may not even be a concern!

1 Like

You’re strong, Cliff. You’re a non drinker now!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Yes ma’am, and thank you for your support!! :grin::grin:

1 Like

I can understand the anxiety Cliff. Totally. No matter how often we say it to ourselves, sometimes One Day At A Time just doesn’t help.
But I’m going to say it anyway.
ODAT mate!
If your sister and her fella know then more than likely drink won’t even be mentioned.
Three months into my journey we went to my bil to celebrate his and my wife’s birthday.
He was one of my biggest drinking partners.
I obviously didn’t drink and every one else hardly drank at all.
You’ll probably find that you are worried about nothing.
Hence ODAT mate.

3 Likes

I’m definitely with Stella on this one. I think you will be totally surprised with how much fun you have and once you’re over focusing on it you won’t give it a second thought. Have a plan on what your drinking, if you’re going out for a meal have a look at the menu on line and see what’s available that you might fancy, to eat and to drink. I’m sure you will have a great time catching up! Stay strong and resolute, you have some BIG numbers racked up you are doing great! Imagine the stress that drinking will cause, especially at the minute with all that is going on in the world. Drinking won’t solve anything. We’re here if you need us, keep popping in when you can. Relax and enjoy your family my friend :pray:t2::two_hearts:

1 Like

And to add a bit more here bud- you control the day! They are coming to you.
Café instead of bars.
Museum and art galleries are great places to go.

1 Like