A little to be thankful for mantra

I’m thankful to be able to sleep and wake up another day without the need to hit the bubble. I’m thankful I have my mind to myself ans I’m no longer paranoid about the people ans things around me. I do miss my “friends” sometimes and I do miss the way of life but I think that’s mainly because I need to rebuild around me. I don’t mind rebuilding my empire… It kinda sucks and might take a while but it’ll be worth it for dann sure. I’m thankful to be able to breathe these breaths with sober healthy clean air.

9 Likes

It gets easier, especially when you start making more sober friends

1 Like

I’m exactly where you are. Off the bubble 6 months now and still working on rebuilding, and I too miss my “friends” but I know I can’t go back to that crazy ass paranoid person I was. It took me over and it grabbed hold hard. Great job on coming off that shit is insane no joke. One if the hardest things I have ever went through throughout the course of my addiction. Keep fighting the fight! Congrats!

1 Like

Gratitude is essential to a successful recovery for me, it sounds like you have it in spades! This is a great reminder for me to look at my gratitude list and maybe add some stuff. Thanks for posting!

3 Likes