A new beginnings

I’ll be starting this day to go sober for life quitting weed and alcohol and changing my ways an also saving more money.

15 Likes

Doing my best to stay sober

4 Likes

Hi :raising_hand_woman:
Welcome to the community, I’m glad your here.

3 Likes

Welcome to TS. You’ll find a lot of help and support here. Going to bed. C u tomorrow. Take care. :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Welcome here, this place will be a great help in your recovery if you use it.
So my advice: be here much to read, involve and learn all you can about how to beat your addiction.

See you around! :raising_hand_woman:

3 Likes

Thanks Everyone For the welcoming comments, im 25 years old iv been drinking smoking on and off and I’m really feeling over it. Hoping I can break free from these chains an live my life without the needs of these substances, getting past the irritation feeling is a big hurdle for me but with a little bit of push I’m hopeful to he successful in my journey thanks.

4 Likes

Welcome to the community this place is great definitely helping me to stay of the booze and for sure saves a lot of money keep up the good fight :muscle:

2 Likes

Welcome you are in the right place this is a great community and support for recovery. :hugs:

2 Likes

Feeling irritated and emotional :sweat_smile: , but also hopeful for the future of my wellbeing.
1 day down.

1 Like

Today’s pay day , and only my mind Nd strength will stop being going down to the bottlo and buying a 6 pack of beer Nd a vape

1 Like

One of the things that has helped me stay sober maybe more than anything else was/is spending my beer money on rewards for staying sober.

It adds up! I have a lot of cool things to occupy my time. Congrats on day one. :muscle:

3 Likes

Thanks for the advice, but my goal now is to save money for a Ute and a rooftop canopy I want to travel Australia.

1 Like

That sounds like a pretty cool thing to spend your beer money on.

My alcohol savings accumulated to enough to pay for my 32 foot fishing boat! 850 days worth of beer money :moneybag: it adds up!

2 Likes

Congratulations :clap: would love a fishing boat! That’s the dream, catch and cook.
Iv wanted this for a long time, it’s taken years to build upto this. It came upto the point I can literally taste beer in my mouth and I havnt even drank anything in days.

1 Like

I’m in the same boat mate, quitting both because now is the time. If you get the urge just send a message I’m only on day 2, but still positive, itl be hard, but holding on to every second that it’s not! Take care

1 Like

I got the urge now because I have money in the bank, but setting goals and smashing these days down day by day, work keeps me occupied but it also makes me thirsty, but I know it’s all in the head and mindset you build up.

I had the sweats last night, I knew straight away it’s my body ridding of all the toxins iv been putting into myself. Even tho it’s pay day I’ll be enjoying a cup of tea and catching up on sleep. Hopefully you all stay sober and happy thanks for the support and messages.

1 Like

Getting sober required alot of changes for me. It’s hard, then it gets easy, then it gets hard, but it always gets easy again if I work for it.

Having things to show for my recovery helps me not want to fuck it up. I wouldn’t have the boat if I didn’t quit drinking.

1 Like