A spirit of self destruction..they said

:rose: Hey peeps, my friends gave me the nick of Angelbrite, they said because I made their days bright and therefore I was an angel
In recovery. These were peeps on social media and for nearly 19 yrs I’ve chosen to isolate in a huge way, besides I had my drugs, daughter and social media. All up as it stands Ive been addicted to stims for 29 years only having a short few breaks. Solitude was ny friend.
8 or 9 years I began with ice, the trail littering broken & burnt pipes along the way, euphoria, mind fucks, hallucinations, weight loss, improvements in energy, looks, my relationships and esp. those with my 2 children and all that anxiety, fear and self doubt just melted away.:black_heart: I tried meth once and it became an almost daily event, which quickly turned into a bad habit but I was lucky in lots of ways and the great majority of consequences that befall a user of a substance, ie; stealing, arrests, prostitution, no food or money and homelessness that was all eased by the protection I was so lovingly offered by by partner to be, who very quickly took on the full time, demanding role of my Master.
WTF? I hear you mutter under your breath? We are both living in the BDSM Lifestyle, we live it 24/7; I am His full-time TPE slave.
strong text
Originally I had found my own personal Utopia, my piece of Nirvana and in my mind I obviously had chemicals in the brain that were missing or lacking and I secretly believed I’d be on it happily for the rest of my life. If life was shortened by it aah well, I always knew I’d die young anyway.
:rose:
:syringe: so the pipe went by the wayside and I became what other people felt they could label “junkie” :roll_eyes:. It took a few years but now looking back on it all and even my last relapse, I did become everything I hated and deep down inside riddled with guilt and shame. The last few months of my ice use (& 420 too) I went downhill very quickly and in so many ways, spiritually, psychologically, in looks and attitude, coupled with a jaded sarcasm but at the same time a naivety and a trust which I went too far with or exhibited a complete lack of trust. So here I am 44 years old with diabetes and 25 years of liver cirrhosis - having abused my body and health so badly I am very surprised I am still here. :innocent::hugs:

Im struggling without my drug of choice but I know I couldn’t live one more day with it towards the end and certainly didn’t know how on earth I would ever live without it. So I did a home detox and I succeeded through everything because I knew there was nowhere left for me but death. While death is so seductive and tempting to me back then and times since then. I will not leave the legacy of suicide for my children as was left to me.
Now at 44 I want to live. To really live. Meaning just a walk to the park,vbeing able to sit there and relax into the environment. Just to watch a TV program or movie all the way through and to finally start feeling the benefits of a mind that is slowing down some.

No human was made to experience such overwhelming highs for so long and do it all without food, water or self-care.
I hope I end up belonging here. For I’ve never belonged before.
You never know.

9Thanks for whoever took the time to read these random thoughts of mine and I look forward to learning HEAPS and also I hope I can offer compassion, kindness and empathy to any sufferer in need with a listening and non judgmental ear.

Much love and respect
⚘Malika-Rose⚘

10 Likes

Hey lady…I’m glad you’re here…you surely belong in this group of some of the kindest souls I know. Thankyou for sharing your story. There is an overwhelming fight to live in your words. I know I don’t know you… but please please hold on to that. There are a ton of threads on here you can read through as you find your way. There is a search option in the toolbar above you can use to search for things you want to read about. There’s almost always people on here, so reach out whenever you need. Congratulations on today :heart::heart::heart:

4 Likes

What a story, thank you for sharing :heart:
And welcome! :bouquet:
Be here often, read and check in sober, it really helps!

2 Likes

Thank you. I think I’ve only read two replies now in my email and I’m sitting here tears streaming down my face. Because you lovely people who have been thru your own literal hells are here and everything is ok. Im not alone, isolating at this point, coz virtual reality saves me from just being so alone. thank you peeps. This seems like a wonderful site so far.

The power of being understood. There’s something really special about it. I guess it makes me feel ‘part of’ and ‘good enough’ and I don’t even know what to say to both of you for your kindness.

I always try to live in an as authentic manner as I’m capable of, because at one time I thought the path to being self aware & expanding my conciousness in oh so many ways, with oh so many different drugs - was my way to any kind of self realisation and the way I’d figure out the meaning to most everything

When my counsellor in my home state said to me once “Meth is just an illusion”, I felt so angry & fired a heap of shit back at him. I couldn’t believe he said it at the time, remembering thinking nah this guys a tosser.

About 1 year down the track with that knowledge always in the forefront of my mind, I slowly began to see he was dead right and to me it was a time I gained some insight into how false drugs & alcohol are. How you can’t possibly be real, true, genuine and authentic while you’re using them.
& a hypocrite is something I’ve tried hard not to be.

The power lies here, now, in this present moment.

It is in this moment I can choose to get high or stay straight but the power of my decision lies in this moment and when I don’t give in the decisions I manage to make, have positive & healthy consequences, that in turn leave me in a better frame of mind to do stuff with recovery I actually enjoy

Im talking shit now so Ill sign off go try n eat something and maybe be back later.
Thanks again peeps :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

You’re not talking shit :slight_smile: everything you wrote is as much beneficial to you as is for others and reading posts coming straight out of the hearth is a hell of thing. Sooo keep it up please :slight_smile: and bli hope you’ll be back

2 Likes

We’re never alone @Malika-Rose. Someone is always there, if we choose to see…

2 Likes

@Malika-Rose

Hey Penny -

This horrible road has brought you to such awareness and honesty. Thank you for sharing your story with us. I am also 44 - and I share your disease of addiction. Mine also came very close to robbing me of my life. It was with the help of the loving souls here (and in my recovery program) that I’ve begun to rebuild a healthy life. I am so glad you found this forum. Please don’t hesitate to reach out when you need help - or to share your hope and successes. They will come…:heart:

4 Likes

How are you ?

1 Like