A strategy I like for now

October was bad, but November I wanted to change it. I have these stickers i havent used in years. I got a piece of paper and each night I dont drink, I add a sticker on. This is how it looks…have not used at all this week.

Sharing because it might be helpful for people who keep trying to stop and drinking - its worth counting the days you still do fight the urge and win.

24 Likes

That’s great. Figuring out those rewards are great I do some tea and three chocolates. Give me something to look forward to

2 Likes

I love the creativity and the physical representation of how far you’ve come! Great idea💗

1 Like

I love this idea. A bedtime reward system

1 Like

I like this idea
Its a very good tool to reward and help you stay accountable

Also addiction has its way of tricking your mind to block reasoning. Its like i forget life sucks under the influence.
This would remind me if my goal of abstonince from substances

I need something like this but its not quite it, even though its a great idea

Im looking to do something thats physical and matrial

2 Likes

Here is the updated thing. Ive stuck with it. Ive had some nights where ive drank but as long as there are more nights where i can add a sticker i am ok for now. So i started november 7th and this is what it looks like january 9th. I just counted -52 days i did not drink in that time, some i really wanted to but didnt bc i knew itd make life worse.

7 Likes

I like this idea, will grab some of my kids stickers, one night spider man might win next night paw patrol

2 Likes

Got a calendar, only found my daughter’s dolphin stickers so need to up my sticker game but I don’t think they sell stickers of cigarettes or coffee so will have to do, I’ve also started adding any exercise I do do the days, I like this thanks @Minatasha nice visual representation

3 Likes

This actually made me smile so big! I love the dolphins. I agree about the visual representation. And its satisfying to my inner child to pick out the sticker :joy: .

Dolphins still rocking

1 Like

@minatasha are you still around, how are your stickers doing