A tiktok link caused anxiety and anger

Today a friend has shared a tiktok in our groupchat. She didn’t have bad intentions but seeing that tiktok link has caused me anxiety and anger. Now i feel a little better. I try not to vent my anger towards others.

3 Likes

Hello :blush:
What about the tiktok made you upset? Was it the content in the link?

@Runningfree I think the problem is not the content of the link. After seeing the link i had the fear of go back to my bad habits

4 Likes

Maybe I’m misunderstanding your DOC. If it is watching hours of tiktok then I can see where you are coming from. I have recently started to limit my time on there and some days don’t go at all.

Stay strong in whatever you need to do for yourself :blush:

Edit- I saw your other thread. I can see how your friend sending a link could derail you. Have you asked your friends to not send those? Or can you remove yourself from the group chat?

2 Likes

Tiktok is scary shit when it comes to technology related addiction. You watch one clip that gives you dopamine. A couple seconds later you’re watching a new clip giving a new dopamine boost. And again. And again. And down the rabbit hole you go. I try to avoid tiktok. It’s too dangerous for me.

4 Likes

@Runningfree I have asked my friend to not share links of tiktok and they have understood.

4 Likes

That is cool! Protecting your sobriety like a pro :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I get the same feeling when i turn on the tv and watch the news, simple fix for me is to limit my use or just turn it off.

2 Likes