A year has nearly passed already

So A year ago I was deep into my drinking and partied hard with a few close friends, I was never really a bar person. My close friend of 12 years, who I talked to on a daily basis had been severely depressed and was close to packing up and leaving. So we partied alot, and here on the 27th of May marks the one year of her passing, man these few weeks have been rough. I talked to her the night before she died in her sleep and told her she needed to go to sleep and we would go get breakfast in the morning and talk about her plan. Well she had drank too much, which is why I told her to go to sleep, and she took too many sleeping pills, she was so upset. I miss her so much. I took a bingo dauber to her gravesite because I’m sure she misses playing bingo. She was my rock, my best friend, and now she’s my angel. She would have been 50 years old, she was a Cheif’s fan and they win the super bowl, she would have been so happy. I’ve recently been to alot of the restaurants that we went to during her last weeks with us.
So my drinking days were not over quite yet I had a few more months of drinking left in me until I decided to quit, it has been 8 and half months of my sobriety and it’s hard these last few weeks thinking of my best friend. But I’m making a meeting a day and keeping in contact with other members of the program. I’m thankful for this forum and AA.
I hope everybody has a great day.

14 Likes

Well done for the 8 plus months and I’m am sure your bestie would of been so damn proud of you. Sending you extra love and support during this time

2 Likes

awesome, keep it up. Proud of you. :100::muscle:

2 Likes

:pray: :broken_heart: My thoughts are with you! I am glad you are here.

2 Likes

You are a superstar!
I’m so sorry for the loss of your friend, but I’m sure she looking down smiling at you, congratulating you, and continuing to be your biggest fan and bestest friend.
:+1:

1 Like

Sobriety angel looking over you. That’s a comforting image. You can do this! :unicorn:

1 Like

Congratulations amiga. Keep moving forward but it’s good to stop once a while to reflect upon one’s progress.

1 Like