A year in the life

Congratulations on your year @Eke ! It’s been rad seeing you become so comfortable in your sobriety this year :two_hearts: I am lucky to “know” you and be part of your sober fam!

3 Likes

Don’t worry, the car comes in year 2. :sunglasses::laughing:

I can’t believe it’s already been a year! The changes I’ve seen from this tiny, little screen have been huge. You’ve always been kind and compassionate, but now it comes with experience and heartfelt love.

I’ve been saying this a lot lately, for which I am grateful… Things get sooooo much easier from here on out. Vigilance is required, but life can be lived outside of sobriety and recovery. We continue to live with these things, but we also live the rest of our lives. At least that’s what happened for me. Warning: greater change is coming!

Congrats my friend! Carry on!

5 Likes

Good work my man, a fine example of what can happen when you work those steps.

Compassion for others is one of the best teachings you can find in those rooms, and they are very adept at loving you until you can love yourself.

Happy birthday young man.

4 Likes

Thank you all for the well wishes, insights and the lols. Yesterday was action packed with celebration. Hamilton and dinner with friends, helping a newcomer, and of course…

…ice cream, extra creamy and liquid nitrogen-made. :ice_cream: If you ever see brown sugar syrup on the menu it’s totally bomb! :yum:

Life is good.

4 Likes