AA Big Book Review

So I was just thinking today I haven’t been to the meeting in the next town in a few months it’s just so far away to drive everyday. I would like to go more if there was something closer so I decided I’d do the next best thing I began reading the AA big book. I have read this book before and I thought I knew what was going on however when I read the first chapter this time I saw things in a totally different lot after almost 2 years of sobriety. I read things and wasn’t thinking in the sense of oh I’ve been there I was thinking in the sense of have I applied these things to my recovery. It just made me think over some conversations that I’ve had with people I’ve been thanked for my honesty three times it makes me think would I have been as honest as I am now before. Just some thoughts everyone have a blessed day.

4 Likes

I hear ya. We have a BB and step study meeting here, but in the winter it would be a dangerous drive in the dark both ways. I go to a Zoom BB meeting instead, and keep in touch with my sponsor at our regular midday open meeting gig. The book gets easier to identify with the more times it is read, especially after the steps are done, for sure. “As Bill Sees It” is good, too :v::two_hearts:

3 Likes

In the same exact spot. Readings from the BB and other sobriety materials is different for me with some sober time under my belt. I do a literate meeting on Thursday with a very tight group that we’re crucial in getting me sober. It’s my favorite meeting by far. Always something to learn.

4 Likes

I have opened a few over the years , went to a local hall got contact numbers for local council and managed to get flyers round other meetings and got support , maybe a idea wish you well

3 Likes

Maybe i should read again. I really struggled with the We Agnostics chapter in the beginning (I felt like all it said was “it’s okay if you don’t believe in God, you will if you follow AA). Maybe 4 years sober will change the interpretation

I really enjoy reading The 12 and 12 occasionally.

4 Likes