AA meetings đź’š

Hi this is my second time trying to become sober from alcohol.

I conquered not using drugs but alcohol is my worst enemy…

I’m trying to find a meeting either online or in person. I just want to know how you guys found yours and did you call or just show up…

Any advice is much appreciated :purple_heart:

3 Likes

I googled AA meetings near me. I just showed up, it was a wonderful experience

4 Likes

Welcome! I googled AA near me, found a site that listed several meetings in my area with times & location. I just showed up and was taken in with open arms. It’s just that easy; the hardest part is getting the courage to walk through the doors.

3 Likes

I googled for a location near my home and just showed up.

I have an app on my phone for in person meetings. It’s free on the play or app store. It’s called meeting guide and the icon is a folding chair.
When I go to meetings online, I use the following:

1 Like

right on i hope you find one and check it out. you can also google your area aa hotline and call them and they can help you find one :+1:

1 Like

AA publishes an app called “Meeting Guide”. It lists virtual, physical and hybrid meetings near you. It has phone numbers for AA district hotlines abs offices. Good stuff!

2 Likes

Hi! I googled aa in my area and found some on zoom too. I stayed sober on vacation with zoom.
64 days later because of AA
You got this!!

Google wasnt a word when i went to AA my mum phoned AA office in Glasgow and arranged a meeting with a guy called Joe i met him and he invited me to a meeting that evening that was almost 35 years ago this sept and havnt looked back , you guys are luck internet, mobile phones, blogs ,utube , rehabs, not when i got sober go to a meeting they will help wish you well

7 Likes

@Lisa07 thanks for sharing this, meeting guide is great! So helpful, wow. Never knew this existed.

1 Like

I googled meetings in my city, found one closest to me and showed up. First time i was late and it was speaker’s meeting (or how is it called), so i just listened to the speaker for 40 minutes and left. Next time i showed up to another meeting and told them i’m a newcomer. Then i was welcomed, they gave me big book and contacts, and connection with people began. The only advice is to tell you are a newcomer when they ask during preamble, and if you’re brave enough, speak about your situation, or at least reach out to someone after meeting, just let them know you need help. Helping others is the way to stay sober in AA, people will be willing to talk to you. At least some :slight_smile: Good luck!

2 Likes

Hi how are you doing ?
Did you manage to get to a meeting ?

This is the code for an online zoom AA meeting,

292 371 2604

Good luck and hope your doing ok :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

in person in the states was easy to find online and for online meetings during COVID i used In The Rooms. good luck! :heart:

2 Likes