About to break down

Day 31 and having really bad craving ….im in the gym to beat it but hopefully i’ll make it tonight without it.

12 Likes

Cravings dont last forever, dig deep and hang on. Great idea to hop on here and talk about it. You going to bang out weights or do some cardio?

You can throw a gym selfie up on the thread I linked below if you want. Might be some activity on there, some people to chat with.

Gym selfies, weightlifting & fitness :fire:

6 Likes

Hey @Jass what’s your plan for after the gym? You know about nutrition and rest right? So, let’s hear it. What will you eat, where will you get it?

And what’s on the menu for your mind tonight to help deal with potentially still craving later?

Things I suggest: talk to a (best case sober) friend.
Online meeting at intherooms.com
Read around here.
Pick up a sober book or podcast or movie. Lots of inspiration on this thread: Resources for our recovery

Make a plan for your evening while you’re still at the gym. Share your plan with us. Stick to your plan. Go to bed sober and be glad tomorrow.

8 Likes

Hi @Its_me_Stella thanks for inspiring words i need that. Not sure what happened today, im in seattle and we are having a really crappy weather today…may be because of that …not sure……and cardio not my thing.
I was angry today in the gym, at myself because of craving so lifted some good weights lol.
Im hoping for not to break down tonight and continue my sober journey….took me years to make this decision.
Thanks again

6 Likes

Hi @Faugxh thank you for replying.
Technically its my friday …may be thats why craving is coming back. I know its mental not physical and i am trying ….very hard not to break.
Plan was to watch some movie but i guess im gonna eat a good meal and throw myself in bed …we’ll see tomorrow:).
And thanks for providing links. I will check those out in a minute. If anything else can help pls share. It took me years to make this decision and dont want to go back in that drunk world.

3 Likes

Checking in daily to maintain focus #46

Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery

Movies Check-in / Reviews :vhs:

Meme Wars 70 No Politics Please

Foodies Unite #5 (trigger warning food) TAKE ANOTHER LITTLE PIZZA MY HEART!

Here’s some entertainment to get you through the weekend.

8 Likes

you don’t ever have to go there again.

check out the links sent by stella and myself. hold yourself accountable on this forum. engage. set yourself daily tasks. feel the change and gratitude. you can definitely do this.

4 Likes

Hey there - reword to scratch that “hopefully” out.

Mindset is everything.

The weather, the day of the week, the cardio machine, we all know these are excuses. There’s absolutely no reason to drink.

As mentioned above, make a plan for tonight, have it clear in your head, follow thru, and go to bed early if needed be.

Cravings are feelings and like all feelings, they go away.

Believe me, I had a very strong craving less than 12 hours ago and it felt awful, but I’m so happy I didn’t give in. Waking up knowing you stayed your course is awesome. Focus on that.

You can do this :muscle:

3 Likes

Aaaaand i made it safely lol thanks everyone :slight_smile:
One month down yesssss

8 Likes

Congrats! @Jass! One month!!! :tada:

Way to go!!!

You are so strong and determined to take good care of yourself. That was excellent!

Another strategy that helps me in the moment is to “play the tape forward “. Because you didn’t drink, your tape for the next day has you proud and strong and not hungover. No guilt, remorse, anxiety about making a mistake.

If you can keep this strategy in mind it can help. We only feel inebriation for a short period of time before all the other painful parts come flooding in. I’ve used this strategy many times, especially in the early weeks and it helped a lot.

Way to go on getting through it! Today is a great day to live your best life without poison. Woooot!

2 Likes

This is wonderful to read!! I just saw the thread and was hoping. You know, in my early sobriety, I often would crave around milestones…30 days is a big milestone. It seems to be a ‘thing’ for some us, the milestone craving. If we power thru, it goes away…as cravings do…something to be aware of for the future.

So proud and happy for you and big congrats on your 30!!!

1 Like

Awesome! So happy to hear - congrats on one month and looking forward to seeing you reach all other milestones here!

Any time you need help, you know you just have to give us a shout - here for you!

1 Like

You say “hopefully” but you “can” make it. Just don’t pick up. You can do this

2 Likes

@Its_me_Stella @LAB @Faugxh @SassyRocks @desert_rose @Dakotahjae @Badger
Thanks for the support
I’m on my 100th day
Longest ever in 23 years :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Congratulations!!

1 Like

Congratulations on your 100 days :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Super!!! So happy to hear!

How has it been?

1 Like

@Jass this just made my day!!! :tada::tada::tada:GO! GO! GO!!!

1 Like

Wowza!!! So glad to hear!! Congrats on your 100 days!!!

1 Like