Acceptance is the key for me

Good Morning my TS Brothers and Sisters ! Today I am focusing on Acceptance. This was our topic last night at my AA meeting. I think I have lost my sobriety more times than I can remember just because I was unable to accept a situation, person or something else. I’m now working to change that and realize that many, many things are not in my control. I have been blessed that I have not yet had any major life events I have had to deal with in this first 21 days of sobriety. BUT I also realize that they WILL come. It will be up to me alone to decide what I will do with it. Thankfully I believe in my Higher Power which I choose to call God. I can turn ALL of those concerns over to Him. Wishing everyone a blessed and sober day !

5 Likes

Amen to that brother! Acceptance is everything! Including accepting that I won’t get what my mind tells me I want which is often our DOC. My greatest successes in recovery ALL stem from accepting (which is not fighting reality) and then building off of that to gratitude (which is embracing reality).

Just accepting that I no longer drink is infinitely more comforting than ANY ideas of moderation or regulation for me.

Take care. Great job

2 Likes