Accidental drink :(

So i went out to eat with my wife and she ordered this blueberry lavender lemonade not really pating attention to the menu. She thought she was just ordering a lavender lemonade. Upon receiving her drink she took a sip and said this is gross. Thinking it was just overly lavender flavored i tried it as well. It was disgusting. Still not expecting it to be alcoholic, we even let my daughter try it. All of us felt the drink was gross. After the daughter took a sip my wife wondered if maybe it was alcoholic. We didnt ask, but i had to know so i looked it up. Sure enough it is. Does this accidental sip count against my clock? I just hit a year and planned on getting my 1 year chip at a meeting tonight.

11 Likes

In my opinion it doesn’t bcuz the intent to ingest alcohol wasnt there

8 Likes

Thats what i feel too, but my wife feels horrible about this. I keep telling her it was an honest mistake. I think its funny the involuntary yuck face i made from the sip too.

6 Likes

True accident. Go accept that 1 year chip and continue on your sober journey

12 Likes

Thank you. I will.

5 Likes

It was just an accident!! Definitely get your 1 year chip and congratulations!!

9 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I see a big difference between you having an accidental sip and me purposely getting in my car to go buy alcohol, you had no intent so don’t worry about it and congrats on 1 year

4 Likes

As others have said, it’s all about intent.
Congratulations on 1 year, that’s a huge accomplishment :partying_face:
Lavender in anything should be illegal in my opinion :joy:

3 Likes

13 accidental sips following the initial one would be an entirely different situation.

Get that well earned chip!

6 Likes

Congratulations on that One year and well deserved chip!! :tada:. Don’t even give it another thought.

2 Likes

Congratulations on your one year!! Don’t sweat the sip, it was an accident. :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Yup, what everyone said about mistakes and intent. I think a big part of getting clean/sober is your mental state and how you change that. You weren’t looking to “accidently” get a sip; it was simply a genuine accident.

Congrats on your one year.

2 Likes

Nope- completely non intentional

It happened to me with a free drink with Hello Fresh which I thought was fizzy water

The drink needs to be intentional, you didn’t carry on drinking or the premeditation wasn’t there

2 Likes

Get your chip dont worry

1 Like

I got my chip!

10 Likes

Congrats man!! That is awesome. Sorry you had that happen while at you guys were out to eat. That is 100% not your fault and doesn’t mean you “slipped” or relapsed.

Here’s to another year!

3 Likes

Congratulations :sparkler::fireworks:
You earn it!

2 Likes