Account questions

Why do people abandon accounts, then are given another one in its place? I don’t understand this.
Some old accounts are still here, some get completely deleted.

Some people forget passwords. Some people just stop showing up. Some people probably die when they relapse. Some people come back. Some get banned. Others anonymize their account. Some have everything deleted altogether.

Why do you have your profile hidden?

Some is not an answer.
Should have tagged @mods or something? This is something they would know, not you.

Privacy.
This place is WIDE OPEN. Trolls can piece together the info on here with ease. My line of work included people that wanted to kill me, so I try to stay as private as possible. And, that doesn’t always work.

So why do you care what other people do with their accounts. Add up all the somes and it equals all. Regardless of what the answer is you are by no means entitled to know.

@CaptAZ did I miss any reasons?

and I approve this message.

3 Likes

Mostly people get their egos bruised, and declare “I’m done” and come back when they miss it which is usually within weeks. Others delete because “of a job and all the bullshit they’ve posted could come back and haunt them” and many of them come back.

We usually push for a night to think about it, then for a self suspension that’ll last a predetermined time, then for anonymization so as not to disturb the flow of threads they’ve started or replied and been replied to in, then we just delete all their post and delete which can be a tedious and time consuming process.

So think about that folks, when you get your feathers ruffled. We are not paid, we are just regular folks.

You can always just log out.

9 Likes

I’m paid quite well to instigate.

3 Likes

How many times have you been killed already??

3 Likes

3 Likes

Quit lying, that’s all pro-bono and you love it

2 Likes

When I was smoking quite a bit of the ole crack I thought everyone was out to get me as well.

4 Likes

That’s the thing with paranoia, you’ll never know :joy:

2 Likes

Oh I know. They definitely weren’t

2 Likes

on a kind of serious note when I was smoking weed and then had to stand in a shop and queue up I used to think everyone was looking at me, the sad part was I used to think I was so special that why wouldn’t they be looking :rofl:

2 Likes

I told myself that TS was a gateway to relapse so that I wouldn’t have to blame the Eurovision song contest. So I decided to have my account removed for me to return 2-3 days later

1 Like

Nawwww. They were definitely looking at you.

1 Like

Jan, you do not know what is in another person’s mind, nor what their experiences have been. Please check your motives for interpreting what Rob wrote as “picking a fight”, as well as your reaction to take him up on the offer. FWIW, my interpretation is that his internal state is expressed by the idea that people are after him, and it can be painful to live that way.

One difficult lesson I had to learn to stay sober was that I do not have to attend every fight I’m invited to. And I get a great chance to do that on TS, where we love our drama! This response is a rare departure from that practice for me.

I like you and your enthusiasm. I see a tendency in you to tell other people what to do, when it is telling them what you have done that is generally more effective. I want to help you to be more effective with others and more easy in your mind so I am speaking up.

11 Likes