Addiction is real having cravings and just had a using dream

I’m 43 days in and I just had my first using dream kinda got me having cravings this morning :confounded: but I woke up did my morning routine and still staying strong just need y’all support today

12 Likes

Congratulations on your 43 days.
These dreams, i have them. I usually wake up so relieved they are not real, and that i am still clean and sober.
There are alot of threads about using dreams if you use the search bar, you may find that useful.
Keep going strong, i know its tough, we are all in this together im glad you reached out.

7 Likes

Yup all of it I’ve had it- using dreams nightmares- emotional hangovers from all of that n then it all went fine after becoming vulnerable to say I hurt, sitting in fear with a case of what the Ffffff’s- thank you for your post your right a routine and my support network got me through. Your post reminded me ats all good because theres always anither side to that experience.

2 Likes

That’s crazy that you’re posting this. I had non alcoholic bubble yesterday and last night I had a dream I broke my sobriety. I don’t remember anything other than the fact that I was upset that I broke it. Then later on I had six pack abs. I want the six pack. I don’t want to break my sobriety.
And yesterday before I had the non alcoholic bubbly, I found myself getting so excited to drink it and worrying about running out. It was a weird craving but a fake craving. I don’t want the real thing. But I want to mimic it…

2 Likes

I have the same dreams on occasion and my dreams usually involve me using without issue - and I KNOW that is not the case in real life. Keep working through it - each challenge over time gets easier to push off.

2 Likes

Totally natural. Click this tag, I think you’ll find it’s super comon: #drinking-dreams

It’s a strange thing to the mind and body subconscious, making the adjustment. Good news is it’s just a dream! You’re still sober. And in most experience it’s one of those things that becomes fewer and farther between the longer we work recovery and sober becomes the new normal.

Certainly for me, I had a handful of these in the early months as well. Ain’t nothin’ to use about!

Keep on keepin’ on. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

That’s a really good way to put it. :pray:

3 Likes

I also had a dream I was back on the beer, I was upset I had drank in my dream and when I woke up I was really relieved it was just a dream. Your not alone with these dreams but like many things they may be a test, keep waking up sober and keep striving for success and you’ll be fine :blush::muscle:

3 Likes

Thank you! When I woke up I was stressin I thought I had lost all my clean time and everything then I realized it was just a dream that was crazy. But I thank you for your support and advice and I’ll def look into those threads

1 Like

Yeah vulnerable is the right word and fear as much as I hate to say it but I got to for my recovery whatever it takes to maintain and support and to know that I’m not in this alone helps alot thank you I appreciate you

That is crazy. I was tripping this morning too because I thought I lost my 40 days even when I woke up lol. I’ve never thought about non alcoholic beers I’ve seen they have one for my old drink but I think I’ll stick to the naked smoothies and waters for now lol I want six pack abs too :joy::+1:

1 Like

Because yup! Monday is All that

1 Like

I appreciat all your support and advice you guys helped more than you know.

1 Like

Thank you I appreciate you and your support it’s really true when they say one day at a time you keep strong too :muscle::+1:

in the early days i to had using dreams but now sober for a few years my dreams dont have booze in them and if they do im not drinking go to bed sober dream sober wake up sober ,

1 Like

Yeah I think when I woke up from my dream I had though I broke my sobriety too. I like the non alcoholic drinks for special occasions.

I just found out what a craving actually feel like. So now I know what everyone has been talking about. It has come and gone though just glad it’s not continuous.

1 Like

Dre,

I dream about picking-up weed and alcohol again; I wake-up disappointed that I relapsed and then feel immediate relief when the realization of the dream hits me!

I discussed the phenomena with my therapist and was reassured that the dreams are a good happening; it’s your mind evidence that you have an “healthy” fear of a future relapse!

The dream(s) are a small battle won in our war for abstinence!

1 Like