Ads are ruining this app for me!

Don’t know if it’s just me but I seem to be getting pop up ads constantly on here, everytime I change page or topic! I read one topic where someone said it was $3 to get the premium on here. When I have looked, it’s nearly £30 if you pay yearly! It’s a shame as I like the app but am not in a position to pay for it.

4 Likes

Ya they drove me crazy too. It was pretty cheap to get the add free. The 30£ seems extreme. Let me tag a moderator see if they got a better answer for you.
@SassyRocks

2 Likes

It’s indeed an amount to think about. I remember I asked some months ago how much days this amount equals in your doc.

It’s definitely worth it.

5 Likes

i agree i could only last one day with those ads before paying - and what i discovered is that the value of this community is worth so much more than what it costs to enter. also, according to my stats i’ve already saved over $100 in the 24 days since i’ve been sober. so if i think about it like that, i see that it’s not only paying for itself but it’s actually saving me money! :smiling_face::smiling_face:

7 Likes

Hey tank, I’m in the UK as well and I’m pretty certain I paid a one off fee that was around a fiver or something. Can’t remember as I paid quite a long time ago. It is worth investing in yourself though for sure.

2 Likes

Hi there, I am one of the moderators. I am not sure if this is still available, but I signed up on Patreon and pay a small fee monthly for no ads (way less than I spent on drugs and alcohol). I think this option is still available and may be more affordable for you. Hope this helps!!

6 Likes

Hello there, I think I paid just a one off fee a long time ago. Am I a paid member or not. Can you possibly check for me please? Am I missing out at all, I seem to have full access, but I’ve been a member for years and nothing changed apart from I paid a one off fee a while ago. Thank you

1 Like

Hi @TANK23 It cost me £26.99 for the year. Initially I thought it expensive too but, like other commenters, I reasoned that it was about 2 days wine & snacks. Bizarrely I wouldn’t think twice about spending the money on that. Another signal that my outlook needed to change.
I get so much value out of the app and especially the forum, for me, it’s worth it :pray: X

5 Likes

Hi, Moderators don’t have access to anyone’s payment information, so unfortunately I cannot assist. But if you aren’t seeing ads, then you should be all set!

2 Likes

I paid about $3 as a one-off payment to remove ads years ago. Not sure if that still exists. Perhaps those who paid originally have had that benefit grandfathered and now it is annual subscriptions only.
I can’t seem to find it myself anymore.

2 Likes

Snap. But as Sassy said, if we don’t have ads, we are in. :+1:

1 Like

Well unfortunately I have loads of ads, nearly $40 or £29 every year seems quite a lot. Oh well.

1 Like

Hi, a one off payment is totally fine but paying every year seems excessive.

The app can not exist without revenue, hence the ads or membership. I’m sorry that the ads are ruining it for you but revenue for servers/upgrades are necessary. There are only 2 ways to generate revenue to sustain a app such as this.

5 Likes

Absolutely no issues with paying but when some have paid so little for a one of payment and newbies have to pay ten times as much every year, that seems unfair. Anyway, I really appreciate all the replies and will have a think. Thanks.

3 Likes

Here is a link to the original announcement on the changes to Premium subscription FYI. It provides some more context. Hope that helps.

3 Likes

I only see the ads when I switch between the forum and the timer… or maybe I’m just so used to them, my brain stopped registering them. The way I see it, this app, but more importantly, the community is helping me stay sober. Ads help to keep it running, watching them is definitely less wasted time than on hangovers.

6 Likes

This is my experience also, maybe @TANK23 you have a glitch or malware? I DISLIKE ADS immensley LOL but I dont find they are excessive for me on the app. What about trying to uninstall the app, run a security/malware scan on your phone and then reinstalling it? Just a thought! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I paid for premium and it’s worth it!

1 Like

Thanks Sassy.

Yup…the ads were insane and I did pay a one time $1 fee like link shows to remove.

The more I used the app the more I feel in love with it and went with the $5/ month as I feel it’s totally worth it and way cheaper than my addictions…plus whatever I can do to help keep this community alive.

2 Likes