Advice that helped me in early sobriety

Just a piece of advice that helped me in the early parts of sobriety: Goals, goals, goals. Make goals and stick to them. Whatever it may be. Health goals. Relationship goals. Work goals. Education goals. Hobby goals. Keep moving and remain goal oriented. I just passed 3 years sober and have just recieved my AA, and about to go to A&M at 34 years old. I go to the gym 3 to 5 times a week. Work on my relationships constantly. Do I have it all figured out? Never will. But I am proud of where I am. Its never too late to change the path you are on. If you are struggling in your sobriety- keep fighting the good fight. Your life is worth it. Just keep reaching for those goals!!! :green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:

12 Likes

Thank you, I’m about three hours in and I’m excited and scared to death

2 Likes

Congratulations with your :three: year milestone!!
Setting goals is helping me too, more then 2 years sober again (relapsed after 5 years sober).
Keep on trucking :facepunch:

2 Likes

Hi Jen (?)
Welcome here! I know the feeling but I’m glad you made the decision to come here. It’s hard to admit to yourself you have a problem. By coming here you said you did and want to do something about it. This app has helped me a lot in becoming and staying sober. I came here every day the first year of my recovery.
There is a daily check in tread wich is very active. I will tag you in it so you can find it. I would like to welcome you there! It’s a daily tread where people check in sober and share their daily struggles and help eachother.
Maybe I see you there! :raising_hand_woman:

1 Like

Congratulations. Great advice.

1 Like